Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

$15 Minimum Wage?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Do you think minimum wage should be $15 dollars an hour? Why or why not?

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
Do you think minimum wage should be $15 dollars an hour? Why or why not?
That is heavily subjective, In places like San Faciono California the wages are actually around this much if not more. I wouldn't be surprised if it similar across large cities such as that too.

I believe in reality wages should be determined by the costs of living of above average to ensure Quality of Life.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Yes because the problem is that minimum wage hasn't kept pace with inflation, especially in large cities, where the cost of living has skyrocketed. The majority of the consumers who are purchasing the goods and services offered by these workers have had their wages keep pace with inflation (or closer to it, than that of the min wage workers), so they can continue to afford the goods and services offered at the higher prices required for the employers to pay the increased wages.

There is another problem that needs to be addressed, though... The middle class is the biggest consumer of these goods and services, and while they can continue to afford them at higher prices, they are also getting unfairly squeezed. More focus needs to be on increasing the net wages of both lower and middle class Americans by making the upper class pay their fair share of the hefty tax bill. By reducing the effective tax rate in the middle class, you will see increased spending.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Yes because the problem is that minimum wage hasn't kept pace with inflation, especially in large cities, where the cost of living has skyrocketed. The majority of the consumers who are purchasing the goods and services offered by these workers have had their wages keep pace with inflation (or closer to it, than that of the min wage workers), so they can continue to afford the goods and services offered at the higher prices required for the employers to pay the increased wages.

There is another problem that needs to be addressed, though... The middle class is the biggest consumer of these goods and services, and while they can continue to afford them at higher prices, they are also getting unfairly squeezed. More focus needs to be on increasing the net wages of both lower and middle class Americans by making the upper class pay their fair share of the hefty tax bill. By reducing the effective tax rate in the middle class, you will see increased spending.
Raising the wage deliberately will produce a natural inflation and the middle class will disappear, there will be very poor people and very rich people, nothing in between.

Zap

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Website
forumdb.net
Hubux
$1,384
Winbux
$0.00
I'm guessing the discussion is based on US standards? What is the current minimum wage there? We don't have a minimum wage per se here in Norway, but unions have been and are so strong that it is de facto $18-25.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I'm guessing the discussion is based on US standards? What is the current minimum wage there? We don't have a minimum wage per se here in Norway, but unions have been and are so strong that it is de facto $18-25.
makes me feels so sad, i earn around $1000 per month (which is very good here) and our wage is around $2 per hour lol.

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
i earn around $1000 per month (which is very good here)
Barring NYC and San Fasico, etc that's actually is a decent salary pay for a single person if leveraged correctly.

That's my minimum profit target for my website hosting business before I head out on my own and go from there.

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
Damn, $2 is just f'ed up. I don't get why there isn't a labor party emerging in the US.
That's not legal anywhere in the US for hourly workers even for wait/esses.

That is more than likely falls under sole contractor rates or something if it isn't another place entirely.

That why there cost effective services online like per ticket support services and so forth that isn't $25+/ticket.