Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

A blue screen of death

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
If you get a blue screen of death, what would you do?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Blue screen of death happens once in the blue moon, however, it's been years since I last had a real deal :) But I had them and each error is always different. Most people just restart and think nothing of it, I mean those that do not understand it.
  1. If it happens then I read what the error is or try and find out why it crashed and whatnot.
  2. Once I have more of an idea as to why I had the blue screen of death with the evil laugh then I try to troubleshoot and fix it :)
Reinstalling the OS is not always the case here, since it can be Hardware also. RAther fix blue screen rather than leaving it to do it over and over.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$723
Winbux
$0.00
I got those in the past on my first laptop nearly 16 years ago. It was a from a bad local computer business in town that went out of business years ago. The reason why it was crap was because the laptop was a factory recall. It might have been a new computer but it was a piece of crap from day one.

It had Windows XP. It was getting the screen because the hard drive was bad. Then 2 years later the mother board went bad. I was taking it in and out of computer repair stores every few weeks because it'd crash. One of the guys I took it too said it'd be cheaper for my to just buy a whole new computer at Wal-Mart or from him. He claimed I wouldn't have near the issues that mine was having. I ended up smashing the laptop and throwing it out.

None of the laptops I've bought from Wal-Mart have had issues. I've had 2 from there and they work great.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Look up the error code on my phone and fix the error problem.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I still have no idea how I caused the issues but we've had the blue screen of death twice with our first ever laptop. Back then, I was young and none of my other family members were great with computers so we always had to get a family friend to sort it out for us.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
Honestly? I'd probably feel nostalgic for a few seconds :p .

But then, I'd just feel irritated if I couldn't solve it within a matter of minutes. But at least I'd have my phone, so I wouldn't be completely disconnected.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$723
Winbux
$0.00
Since replacing a faulty motherboard a couple years ago, my PC has been very stable. Yay! :D

Did you replace it on your own? Nice!

I'm not very good and taking apart a desktop out of fear that I might mess it up and I've never ordered parts and built my own desktop. I've known a few guys that built gaming computers years ago.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
session9.net
Hubux
$1,501
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Did you replace it on your own? Nice!

I'm not very good and taking apart a desktop out of fear that I might mess it up and I've never ordered parts and built my own desktop. I've known a few guys that built gaming computers years ago.
Yup, I've been building/upgrading PCs since mid 2005. The last upgrade I did was a new motherboard. Then 2 SSDs, and finally 32GB ram! :)