Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

A common skill

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
What’s a common skill that you just don’t have?
What's an interesting question indeed.

For myself since I am deaf and blind as well as developmentally disabled I just not able to drive...

Hopefully though Elon Musk or better yet a more conservatively priced competitor comes on the market for "robotaxies". As he said for his line he expects it to "retail for" on average of $0.65/mile instead of the current ride sharing cost of $1.86 on average.

Hopefully it will be market and regulatory possible though...

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I'm a “Jack of all trades, master of none”. Meaning I've tried my hand at many things and have found that I'm not good at them.
  • I have no skill in plumbing.
  • I'm not good at assembling things like furniture that comes in a box.
  • I'm not particularly good at painting the interior of a house.
  • I can't change oil on my own. I have to pay a mechanic.
  • I can barely change a flat tire.
  • I'm terrible at math. My ex wife told me that I was mathematically retarded. She wasn't lying about that.

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
I'm a “Jack of all trades, master of none”. Meaning I've tried my hand at many things and have found that I'm not good at them.
  • I have no skill in plumbing.
  • I'm not good at assembling things like furniture that comes in a box.
  • I'm not particularly good at painting the interior of a house.
  • I can't change oil on my own. I have to pay a mechanic.
  • I can barely change a flat tire.
  • I'm terrible at math. My ex wife told me that I was mathematically retarded. She wasn't lying about that.
I am very sorry to see this, to be fair even with my own experiences assembly of pieces and such can gets confusing for me also. For me it's often the limited/lack of instructions, bad parts/tools, etc.

As for math skills, I am "barely" even good at it and can only do "basics" in my head at times. Most of the times I turn to calculating on my computer/phone too. Especially if it involves decimals and/or such.

Thus @Terminated I do not think of you of a bad or as your ex puts it "mathematically retarded" just because you can't do those and those other tasks.

Even a task that people says that "are possible" it just make sense to get someone to do it where they have all of the equipment and everything there.

It's far easier for a mechanic to empties the oil into the drip pan than you would be able to do at home with a jack for instance and more so with replacing a tire even.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Using chopsticks. No matter how much I try, I literally cannot learn.