Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ad supported hosting

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
There are some free hosting services that provide you with their service in exchange for ads on your site. Have you ever tried this out? And if so, were the ads ever intrusive?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Actually this is the case for Proboards. I don't mind the ads, they're not intrusive at all in my opinion.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Actually this is the case for Proboards. I don't mind the ads, they're not intrusive at all in my opinion.
I didn't even know that, to be honest. I have an ad blocker enabled so didn't notice lol
I had to do this during my time with Jcink, got in trouble because I think I removed ads or something by accident once.
Surprised that you're able to even do that, to be honest. Surely they don't just rely on users not removing the ads?

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Surprised that you're able to even do that, to be honest. Surely they don't just rely on users not removing the ads?

Kind of? I guess, people always needed support, so if a staff spotted an ad free forum without permission got in trouble.

Actually I remember now, a staff member removed it by accident, I requested support without realizing it and got in trouble. I fixed and explained the issue to the staff, but they didn't want excuses, I was like lol F you bro.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I didn't even know that, to be honest. I have an ad blocker enabled so didn't notice lol

They don't advertise via popups. Which is great.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Kind of? I guess, people always needed support, so if a staff spotted an ad free forum without permission got in trouble.

Actually I remember now, a staff member removed it by accident, I requested support without realizing it and got in trouble. I fixed and explained the issue to the staff, but they didn't want excuses, I was like lol F you bro.
I have no idea why but some support staff out there are just dicks. I'm guessing because it's a voluntary position most of the time, you get power hungry people taking up the positions that just want to be rude all the time

Shortie

Knows their way around
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,217
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
Proboards is the one free hosting service I know of that has ads and I have never known their ads to be intrusive.

I have used Proboards free hosted forums as a member but not as an admin, I believe though you still see the same ads as a member and they don't tend make browsing the forum difficult.