Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Adblock?

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
I don't use ad-block, but knowing so many people do - is why I'm skeptical about using ads on a website unless they are non-annoying and can get past ad-blockers. Well, how about an ad that simply is a link on the forum etc..?

Simon

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
webmastersmeet.com
Hubux
$1,925
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, I use uBlock Origin all the time on all my devices (I am so sorry DH admins).
I wonder if Google will come up with a new way to monetize sites with ad blocker usage only going up from now on. Will be interesting to see.
I wouldn't have used an ad-blocker if Google and all the other ad networks didn't invade my privacy and tracked my every move on the internet. To be honest, they have themselves to blame.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
You don't have to apologise, I'm using uBlock as well with my site whitelisted. I would be a hypocrite if I asked people to not use it here lol

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
I don't use one at all anymore, and I haven't done for a while.. They tend to cause more issues than they help to solve, and if they get too much I'll either look into "premium" membership options if I deem the cost to be reasonable - or find an alternative website serving a similar purpose.

What's the main benefit of doing that instead of using an adblock addon?
I'm guessing it has to do with avoiding Adblock Detection.. Doing so via a DNS solution can't be detected through the same methods (which usually consists of javascript).

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I use adblocker because I am on metered connection. Anything above 2GB daily means I am being charged. Each night the meter resets and I am back on track. If I remove ad blocker it would add additional 1 GB to my quota which is not good for me.