Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Air Conditioning or Naww?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Do you have Air Conditioning? How do you feel about it?

-----------------------------

I have AC and it was actually just repaired yesterday. It has been down since last Saturday which made a recent heat wave SUPER unbearable to the point where I was running a dehumidifier. But that only added more heat however the trade-off was that it wasn't as humid inside. The repairs are not completely fixed, but it is patched for now and I have another appointment in a month's time where they will actually find the problems and hopefully fix it. $400 CAD later, I am not writing this message in a cool, humidity-free, comfortable "home office".

There is supposed to be another heat wave coming next week...pray for me and my AC...please lol.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Last year I lived in an apartment that didn't have AC, on the top floor and poor windows and air flow, it was near impossible to live in some days. But we moved to a place that has central air, it's a god send truly.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
UK, NARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

When we get very hot summers day it only last days to a week and then that's it. Wait next year LOL We get more cold then anything else

ARx182

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$192
Winbux
$0.00
I live in the UK - 95% of the year it's freezing, so no lol. When it is hot, I take out the fan, but hot weather does not last here in the UK haha.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
There's no air conditioning unit in my room. It's too expensive to purchase and the electrical usage is costly too. We only get a handful of warm days in the UK so it's not worth it. I'd much rather open my windows and allow some fresh air to enter my living space.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
I have one but I've had it for quite some time now so it's not as good as it used to be. It also has a habit of producing ice on the vents sometimes.

Juneberry

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$850
Winbux
$0.00
We use two ACs in my apartment right now. My father is the type who gets overheated very easily, and while I'm always cold due to bad circulation, I find it helpful because I sometimes get heat flashes if I forget to take some of my medication. I personally have no opinion of it, except that it helps us live comfortably during the high heat we've been having that reaches over a hundred degrees.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I have one but I've had it for quite some time now so it's not as good as it used to be. It also has a habit of producing ice on the vents sometimes.
How is the airflow around the unit? The coils in my Central air were freezing up because I was low on coolant. A tech came to top it off and so far we are good as new. They do need to come back at in the next 2 weeks to find the source of the leak, but it could also have been a pin hole leak that was always there and the issue only just caught up with the unit. I have owned my place for 8 years now and this is the first time I have had issues with it. So if I have to call once every 6-8 years, I am good with that.

We use two ACs in my apartment right now. My father is the type who gets overheated very easily, and while I'm always cold due to bad circulation, I find it helpful because I sometimes get heat flashes if I forget to take some of my medication. I personally have no opinion of it, except that it helps us live comfortably during the high heat we've been having that reaches over a hundred degrees.
I feel your dad's pain! I run HOT and have a terrible time sleeping when I am warm. I LOVE the winter for this lol. You can always add more clothing, but you can only take so much off!

Jordan

Tech Support
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,371
Winbux
$0.00
I am miserable when I am sweating/hot (while inside). It's the worst feeling. If I wanted to be outside, I wouldn't of came in. I wish we had central air, but I am currently renting a house. The house was built probably in the late 1800s.

We have about 4 AC's in the house currently. It is definitely needed.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
To note, I have a naturally lower body temperature, and any heat above 72 Fahrenheit in the house, during months that I don't need to run the heat, just kills me. My lower body temp isn't because low circulation, as I have had no issues with that. So air conditioning helps me a ton.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
How is the airflow around the unit? The coils in my Central air were freezing up because I was low on coolant. A tech came to top it off and so far we are good as new. They do need to come back at in the next 2 weeks to find the source of the leak, but it could also have been a pin hole leak that was always there and the issue only just caught up with the unit. I have owned my place for 8 years now and this is the first time I have had issues with it. So if I have to call once every 6-8 years, I am good with that.

I feel your dad's pain! I run HOT and have a terrible time sleeping when I am warm. I LOVE the winter for this lol. You can always add more clothing, but you can only take so much off!

Air flow is ok. I don't know if I can get mine looked at as it's a free standing unit that has a pipe going out the window. There's an small air con shop in my town but unfortunately they don't do standalone air con fixing.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00

I can't sleep without fans on at least. Air con on very hot days. Even in winter I have fans on. I get hot flushes regularly and heat up really quickly in general.

Claraviolet

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$774
Winbux
$0.00
I do have air conditioning. It's like a necessity in here.
I am in my native place as of now and it's always too hot in here. I feel like I am melting if I step out of the AC room. That's just how it is.

As for my current residing place, it's always normal to have 20 degrees Celsius to 25 degrees Celsius and that's manageable and I don't use air conditioning there.

Kik

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$896
Winbux
$0.00
AC is a must during the summer here. Some days get upward of 100f.

catgirl

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$135
Winbux
$0.00
We have it at home and really need it so the temperatures are not unbearable. It's had some trouble keeping up with the soaring heat but is still better than no AC.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
A/C still isn't common over here in the UK but we probably will eventually have to get it in homes over here since the summer weather seems to get hotter every year. Right now, we just rely on fans mainly

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Yes. It doesn't reach my room so well though so I had to get a window AC to make my room livable. :(