Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Android -> iOS

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Has anyone transitioned from Android to iOS? And if so, how was the process of moving everything to an iPhone.

It seems like the majority of things can be easily moved. The only issue is previous WhatsApp messages which there isn't an official method of moving from Android to iOS.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
My brother went from Android to iOS using the Move to iOS app from the Google Play store. He had no problems what-so-ever.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
My brother went from Android to iOS using the Move to iOS app from the Google Play store. He had no problems what-so-ever.
Yeah, I'll have to check that out to move the basic stuff like contacts, music, apps etc. Looks like I'm going to have to shell out some money to use a third-party service to move my WhatsApp messages to iOS though

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Yeah, I'll have to check that out to move the basic stuff like contacts, music, apps etc. Looks like I'm going to have to shell out some money to use a third-party service to move my WhatsApp messages to iOS though
I asked my brother and he used Tenorshare iCareFone. He didn't say anything about having to pay to do this. :unsure:

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I asked my brother and he used Tenorshare iCareFone. He didn't say anything about having to pay to do this. :unsure:
Looks like that one is a paid one too. A lot of offer a "free download" but then charge you to actually use it which is annoying. I ended up using one called Wutsapper which was actually really good. £15 for a years subscription and it moved all my WhatsApp stuff over to my iPhone.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
I ended up using one called Wutsapper which was actually really good. £15 for a years subscription and it moved all my WhatsApp stuff over to my iPhone.
Very reasonable price and glad you were able to move all your WhatsApp messages easily.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I was honestly ready to face a million problems because everyone seems to complain about this process no matter what app they use. Worked surprisingly well.

StormyFire

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$616
Winbux
$0.00
I've only ever had Android devices. I'm not a big Apple fan. I know that they have some decent features, but I prefer Android.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I just abandoned my whatsApp messages when I moved to iOS.
That's what my sister did as well.

Looks like they're bringing out an official way to move messages between operating systems but they've been promising that for ages now.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Looks like they're bringing out an official way to move messages between operating systems but they've been promising that for ages now.
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath that it's going to happen any time soon.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I really like google's software features on pixel like now playing, and screening calls. But also I like that android is more open. Like I don't even root my phone or anything but the fact that I can install youtube vanced is pretty great and I'm not limited to installing whatever the OS maker says I'm allowed to.

Also from a hardware perspective I like that I still have choice. I actually use my headphone jack a lot so i've been able to find android phones that still have a headphone jack whereas with iphones, if apple decides you don't get to have a headphone jack, then thats it, no headphone jack for you.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I thought I would miss the headphone jack but it's not too bad now. I have Galaxy Buds so when my phone is charging and I can't use the lightning port for earphones, I just use the wireless earphones.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
It's been YEARS since I've had an Android device. I don't remember it being an issue. Once I switched to Apple I did not look back. There are times when I find myself wondering what it would be like own a Galaxy again and with all of the other options but I just love the simplicity of the iPhone. When it came to Android I just remember having to remove a lot of bloatware, kind of like whenever I get a new Windows computer.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
It's been a while since I've had an android phone. I had to just start from scratch when I made the move to iPhone in 2018. It sucked because I left a few games behind, but the main game I played was Pokemon Go and I was easily able to just log back into my account. I do miss the easy customization like adding your own ringtones though, since with an iPhone you have to stick with what ringtones are in the store. Other than that I feel much more secure on an iPhone now that I don't want to switch back.

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,469
Winbux
$0.00
It's been a while since I've had an android phone. I had to just start from scratch when I made the move to iPhone in 2018. It sucked because I left a few games behind, but the main game I played was Pokemon Go and I was easily able to just log back into my account. I do miss the easy customization like adding your own ringtones though, since with an iPhone you have to stick with what ringtones are in the store. Other than that I feel much more secure on an iPhone now that I don't want to switch back.
You can totally add your own custom ringtones to iPhones. I have my own alarms and ringtones.