Animanga

Official DH's Anime/Manga appreciation Club. All of Japanese culture is welcome as well!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
User Groups
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views
  • Welcome to the Groups feature Guest! Official and user groups allow you to take part in discussions and events related to the interests and hobbies of the Discussion Hub Community. For more information, read our Groups Information & Guidelines post.
  • 🎄 Christmas 2021 has arrived at Discussion Hub! Click here to learn about the event including the advent calender and decorations 🎅

Anime Bullying

Ash

Founder | Technical Admin
Administrator
Hubux
2,005¢
I think we can all agree that if you said you liked anime a little while ago, you might have ended up inside a locker or with your head down the toilet 😂 . But that seems to have changed a lot recently with anime becoming a bit more "mainstream" and popular.

Did anyone here get bullied or made fun of for liking anime?

Laifot

Советская машина
Pink Power
Hubux
536¢
Winbux
I think we can all agree that if you said you liked anime a little while ago, you might have ended up inside a locker or with your head down the toilet 😂 . But that seems to have changed a lot recently with anime becoming a bit more "mainstream" and popular.

Did anyone here get bullied or made fun of for liking anime?
Yeah, during my high school days 12 years ago, being an anime otaku was the most virginal thing you could like, and got even worse when i started cosplaying. But i always had a strong personality and didn't care about what others may think about me. I was never a part or a cogwheel in society's gear! :D

Reactions: Ash

Terminated

Global Moderator
Community Leader
Hubux
856¢
I never got heat for it from anyone. All of my friends liked certain shows and some of the girls I knew admitted that they watched Dragon Ball Z sometimes. Nope, never got trouble from anyone.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Hubux
5,717¢
Winbux
In school no one really mentioned it or tried targeting me for my interest in anime. But then again, I didn’t exactly run around screaming it. Or wear anime merch.

Laifot

Советская машина
Pink Power
Hubux
536¢
Winbux
In school no one really mentioned it or tried targeting me for my interest in anime. But then again, I didn’t exactly run around screaming it. Or wear anime merch.
Obviously i never did that either, but people still somehow discovered it.

I never cared about it though, i always felt that when i grew up i'd still be into it.. and i wasn't wrong :p

Ash

Administrator
Hubux
2,005¢
Yeah, I feel like that has changed quite a bit too though. A few years ago, wearing anime merch would have seen you beaten up. But I see pictures of kids wearing hentai stuff now without any worry 😂

Laifot

Советская машина
Pink Power
Hubux
536¢
Winbux
Yeah, I feel like that has changed quite a bit too though. A few years ago, wearing anime merch would have seen you beaten up. But I see pictures of kids wearing hentai stuff now without any worry 😂
Yeah, society changed a bit in that part, but i feel that there's lots of hypocrisy behind, i get called weeb at online games by people that i know they're too :p

• Haha
Reactions: Ash

Ash

Administrator
Hubux
2,005¢
I think weeb and weeabo are just randomly used by people now. I don't think people even know what the words mean when they use it against others.

Laifot

Советская машина
Pink Power
Hubux
536¢
Winbux
I think weeb and weeabo are just randomly used by people now. I don't think people even know what the words mean when they use it against others.
Yeah, those are common slurs for people that like anime no matter how involved they're in the japanese culture. I think they use the weeb word because sounds more insulting than just "otaku".

Ash

Administrator
Hubux
2,005¢
Just checked the definition of otaku on urban dictionary and I think it's slightly better than being called a web or weeaboo lol

Laifot

Советская машина
Pink Power
Hubux
536¢
Winbux
Just checked the definition of otaku on urban dictionary and I think it's slightly better than being called a web or weeaboo lol
Ye, those are used for calling out people that "will" to be japanese just because they like anime/manga, it's depressing how low can someone go for a few minutes of attention.

Demon_skeith

Hubber Wall of Fame
Hubux
390¢
Winbux
I kept to myself on my anime interests, there was a group of people who enjoyed toonami and that was about it really.

Laifot

Советская машина
Pink Power
Hubux
536¢
Winbux
I kept to myself on my anime interests, there was a group of people who enjoyed toonami and that was about it really.
That was the best, i remember watching Gundam Wing, Saint Seiya, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Love Hina and Trigun if i don't remember wrong.. gosh i miss those days!

Fait

Must like it here...
Hubux
197¢
I’m not a fan but I knew people that was in to it and have nothing against it.

Laifot

Советская машина
Pink Power
Hubux
536¢
Winbux
I’m not a fan but I knew people that was in to it and have nothing against it.
:rammusOK: that's the spirit, you know i was always a heavy metal kid and most of my mates were into reggaeton or average popular music and learned to be respectful.. i didn't want them to do the same judging over my tastes.

• Love
Reactions: Fait

Fait

Must like it here...
Hubux
197¢
:rammusOK: that's the spirit, you know i was always a heavy metal kid and most of my mates were into reggaeton or average popular music and learned to be respectful.. i didn't want them to do the same judging over my tastes.
same here I love heavy metal, metalcore, etc.. but we are all different so I try to be as respectful as possible.

Ash

Administrator
Hubux
2,005¢
I feel like your music taste is a lot more acceptable now. With so many different artists dabbling in different genres, it's hard to judge anyone for their taste. There are probably still a few judgy people but like anime, it's become a lot more acceptable to like different music.

Laifot

Советская машина
Pink Power
Hubux
536¢
Winbux
I feel like your music taste is a lot more acceptable now. With so many different artists dabbling in different genres, it's hard to judge anyone for their taste. There are probably still a few judgy people but like anime, it's become a lot more acceptable to like different music.
I forgot to mention that metalheads are also elitists and won't accept anime as a "normal" hobby, there are lots of extreme minded people in the death metal scene.

Members online

No members online now.

Status Updates

Ash
❄️❄️❄️🌨️🌨️🌨️☃️☃️☃️
Ash
🎄🎄🎅🎅🤶🤶
Ash wrote on CHIMPFIVE's profile.
Hi, welcome to DH :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members