Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Anti-Environmental Arguments

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
One such one that I've seen online is how a single commercial airliner trip, I assume of some good distance, can burn so much fossil fuel, that how can people argue for recycling if they've ridden on one? What is one trip but burning the equivalent of who knows how many plastic milk jugs and water bottles?

Another argument, one against electric cars, simply states that electricity to run the cars could come from fossil fuel plants. That would reduce pollution where the cars are running, but not in the overall scheme of things. Of course, the solution would be to get solar powered cars.

Last edited:

Jay™

Former Community Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Website
chatbanter.com
Hubux
$2,401
Winbux
$1.00
People can argue and talk about it until you are blue in the face but anyone that has been around the energy sector or really does their homework on it knows we are too dependant on it, we will not see this go away in our lifetime.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
One such one that I've seen online is how a single commercial airliner trip, I assume of some good distance, can burn so much fossil fuel, that how can people argue for recycling if they've ridden on one? What is one trip but burning the equivalent of who knows how many plastic milk jugs and water bottles?

This is a stupid argument, one thing has nothing to do with the other. I can take a flight once a year and recycle, or I can take a flight once a year and not recycle, clearly one is better than the other.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,391
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Caring about the environment is wonderful and teaching children what to do and not to do is essential. What I don't like is the guilt trip that people like to put others on if they want to drive a gas powered car instead of an electric one. It's as if someone feels more elite because they think they're saving the world or something.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
It's as if someone feels more elite because they think they're saving the world or something.
Well, they are contributing to saving the world.

(assuming that that the electricity used to charge the car is from renewable sources obviously)

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
Some say a lack of sunspots might cause a new ice age and global warming would slow it. However, of course, that's not justifying global warming.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$727
Winbux
$0.00
Overpopulation is part of the problem. More people means more and more pollution. Meaning a lot of those problems are going to be repeating itself simultaneously. Overpopulation also means You have just as many people who don't care about the environment versus those that do care. More people equals more problems.

Everyone thought recycling was great. But truth is most countries turn around & dump all of that plastic that the USA ships to them into the ocean. India being one of them who either dumps it in the river or out into the ocean.

I thought a great solution was to burn it. But people argue that that's bad for the ozone layer and contributes to global warming. So I don't know. It seems getting rid of trash just causes problems either way you slice it.

I'm just not seeing any good solutions.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I'm just not seeing any good solutions.
Generate less waste!

Most people throw away a lot of food, etc. We also don't need to replace a lot of the things we do, and most of the things we buy come in far more packaging than they need.