Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Apple Desktop or PC Desktop

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
If you are into the web development and the design applications. Then I am wondering if you can use apple instead of the PC. As in productivity with the mac is pretty much popular. Though I can do same things with the PC that I can do with the mac. Still I am thinking from the desktop build side.

What do you prefer between two of these options?

Alexandoy

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,512
Winbux
$0.00
You are right in asking which is the better machine to use for such a task. I will go for the PC when it comes to website development. In the earlier years of the internet I was using Dreamweaver which made life easier for web designers. But when it comes to video editing the Mac is superior.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I will probably never go with a Mac honestly. Apple products are difficult to try and repair when issues arise since they want you to purchase new ones instead, so I'll just stick to good old PC. (Plus this way if you don't like Windows you can easily install Linux. I assume you may be able to do a dual boot on a Mac too, but I'm not sure about that as I never had one. If anyone knows feel free to chime in. :p)

Aces

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$915
Winbux
$0.00
Oh how I hate anything Apple... I've been a Window user my entire life. Apple products have always been made so they are easier to use and windows is so much more expandable. There are some things I just can't do with a Mac.