Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Are forum websites dying or is there

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
What is the point of that, do they make a lot from advertising on the site or something, or is it just bleeding money?
No idea, Even with ads, can't see making enough to pay the members

I will run forums until they are all gone, i'm sure i will be gone before then.
Or until you run out of money :p

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
View attachment 380Over at Twitter which doesn’t make any sense at all because for 300K apparent users they only get 6 likes on their Twitter?
After looking at Strim Social's site, all I can say to this is..... sure..

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
If Facebook etc.. bans certain niches, then they are forced to use regular forums.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
No they’re not dying at all. They’ve just hit a wall with social media and Reddit. Slowly but surely they’ll make a come back. People want to be a part of something that’s more personal as opposed to a Walmart like Facebook.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
No they’re not dying at all. They’ve just hit a wall with social media and Reddit. Slowly but surely they’ll make a come back. People want to be a part of something that’s more personal as opposed to a Walmart like Facebook.

I agree that people are realising that they want to be part of more personal communities than Facebook offers, but I don't know if that is going to be from traditional forums or from smaller social networks.

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
I agree that people are realising that they want to be part of more personal communities than Facebook offers, but I don't know if that is going to be from traditional forums or from smaller social networks.
I’ve had my site for 6 months and I’m honestly unsure if I will find success with it but only the future can tell if traditional forums can hold up.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I’ve had my site for 6 months and I’m honestly unsure if I will find success with it but only the future can tell if traditional forums can hold up.
Is your forum down? I got an error: The requested page could not be loaded.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
You can keep it going longer than that ;) I have been running my site for coming up seven years now and it's still going with not much traffic.

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
You can keep it going longer than that ;) I have been running my site for coming up seven years now and it's still going with not much traffic.
The good news is at least it doesn’t cost as much money or bandwidth to keep it up!