Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Are you religious?

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I am from a certain religion. Now, I will discuss my religion with other people but I don't go forcing it down anyone's throats either.

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."

Responsible for more wars and more death than any other cause. That's religion for you.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$691
Winbux
$0.00
I'm non religious as I identify myself as an Atheist. I grew up in a Christian family but came to loath all religions in every way imaginable. When someone asks me if I go to church I tell them that I'm non practicing. I don't boast or brag why I'm an atheist in real life. Some women who were attracted to me have refused to have a relationship with me once they find out that I don't believe in or worship their deity, pray, go to church, or practice Christianity. If anything, it's done nothing but bring me unhappiness and unneeded stress. Hell, it's even made dating the nicest women impossible. I could lie about it. But then I'd be forced to go to church and waste my time pretending that I practice a religion that I despise. I hate Islam a lot more than I dislike Christianity.

S

salma

Yes i am a Christian and religious too. and i always go church it's a refreshing moment for me.

S

salma

I'm non religious as I identify myself as an Atheist. I grew up in a Christian family but came to loath all religions in every way imaginable. When someone asks me if I go to church I tell them that I'm non practicing. I don't boast or brag why I'm an atheist in real life. Some women who were attracted to me have refused to have a relationship with me once they find out that I don't believe in or worship their deity, pray, go to church, or practice Christianity. If anything, it's done nothing but bring me unhappiness and unneeded stress. Hell, it's even made dating the nicest women impossible. I could lie about it. But then I'd be forced to go to church and waste my time pretending that I practice a religion that I despise. I hate Islam a lot more than I dislike Christianity.
please allow me to ask this, have your parents ever tried to find out why you hate Christianity so much? how did they take it when you decided to become an atheist

Alexandoy

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,512
Winbux
$0.00
I am not really very religious that I consider myself an average when it comes to religion. But I admit that I do not believe what the religious leader say about life after death, all of them are only guessing.

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
And God said "let there be light". I have such an interesting story and so interesting my life has been that I have actually found God at a fairly early age. In my opinion the pathway to knowledge is through God. Nothing can ever hinder that except for the Devil. My views are based on a wide range of perspective that I have come to experience. I am very lucky to have such a wide spectrum of how I can see life. I don't press my views on people who don't wish to learn but I have come to realize that God can actually be felt. What I tell most non-believers is all you have to do is ask and it takes more then that. It takes asking God to do the one thing people can't stand to do, is forgive you. But over time the presence can indeed be felt. How I have felt it is almost as if it came from a child, possibly myself from the past. If we could see it how we did as children, nothing could ever stop us from knowing the vital information we seek that many have not found. I am a fairly mysterious person but I am a Christian and I just wanted to share. I plan to be active here and I'm glad I found discussion hub.

One last thing I wanted to share is the presence of the Devil and how it's my personal belief that this presence is just as real as the holy ones. There is not a priest on this entire planet unless using God that can fight off such evil. The story of Good and Evil holds truth? Whether God is real or not there are only 2 types of human, good and evil. Light and Dark. It's this concept that has lead me to find what I am looking for. Evil is real and it has plagued humanity since it's start long ago. No one has a finer grasp on what evil is then me. This is due to an experience I had that I won't go into much detail but was the most horrifying thing I've ever had to deal with. No there weren't any ghosts, this was the devil. I can see someone watching their television and being told by someone on their local news, called out by name and basically mocked. Somehow no one would believe this could be possible and for the longest time I was bewildered and confused at why no one around me would ever admit to any of it. I spent years trying to talk people into have a legitimate conversation about why everything was so incredibly twisted around me. Long story short the devil decided to use other people to try and hurt me but did not succeed.

I just wanted to share a small bit of why I chose the religion I did being Christianity. Maybe some of you will at the very least find it interesting to read. Just wanted to share a small bit of my reasoning instead of just say I was Christian.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It was very interesting to read and learn a little about you @TopSilver. Thank you for sharing.

Personally, I am not religious. I am a Catholic but I slowly went away from religious after high school and never really went back to it.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I believe in reincarnation. I always feel like if we don't meet our purpose in one life then we're given another chance to fufill whatever it was that we were supposed to do in our past life. Other than that I don't go to church but I was baptized Catholic. I don't believe in church though, because I feel that they are just greedy organizations who take money from people. I've always said that if God truly exists, then why can't one pray anywhere? Why does he want his people to go to church, and to give away their money?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$691
Winbux
$0.00
Personally, I am not religious. I am a Catholic but I slowly went away from religious after high school and never really went back to it.

I'm not religious at all either. I will never follow another religion as long as I live. I'm an atheist. I was raised Christian and I went to multiple churches. I do not believe in God or any deity. I refuse to practice a religion or worship any deity.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I believe in reincarnation. I always feel like if we don't meet our purpose in one life then we're given another chance to fufill whatever it was that we were supposed to do in our past life. Other than that I don't go to church but I was baptized Catholic. I don't believe in church though, because I feel that they are just greedy organizations who take money from people. I've always said that if God truly exists, then why can't one pray anywhere? Why does he want his people to go to church, and to give away their money?
That seems to be a huge problem with certain religions. I was surprised to hear about a church in the States where they invite you to come in and show something to prove that you're donating 10% of your income to the church. That is just crazy to me. Some churches have become businesses.