Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Are you strict?

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Are you a strict moderator or admin of your website? Are you a Mod / Admin in a forum? when someone says your name does the other person feel nervous, are you strict?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Not really strict, I mean they have rules to follow but at times I'm relaxed and so members can be shilled and relaxed. The person that I am, JUst chilled and nice and a fun person and whatnot.

I even do not push people, I just let them feel free and let them do it when they are ready. At times I get nowhere by doing that though.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
When it comes to certain things, yes I cam strict. Like, I don't like bullies so if someone is bullying people on the forum then I can be strict with them. Other times I can be relaxed. So it depends on what's going on.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
No. I don't see myself as a authoritarian and I don't like the idea of controlling what everyone does. I don't like flaming, bullying, and trolling. Those are things that I will intervene on if it gets out of hand. Within reason of course.

I've been on forums that were run by people with control issues. They would lock threads and hand out warnings for unjustifiable reasons. One person who owned a forum even punished me for my opinion once. That felt like fascism to me. I think people have a right to their religious, political, moral and economical views without fear of being punished and ostracized for it on a forum.

I feel like moderation must be done within reason. It should never be personal.

However. I'd like to think of myself as a keeper of the peace when I moderate. All I want is for everyone to get along. It's kind of like that rule when we were all kids. "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I'm sure you guys are aware that we have a pretty relaxed and chilled out environment here at DH. It's extremely important that a general discussion forum doesn't restrict what users can discuss and have a large number of rules that they have to follow.

Be nice, don't post illegal crap, and just enjoy your time here.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Nope not at all, people can lazy post all they want unless it's paid posting, in which case I'd reasonably expect a higher quality level.
Otherwise, I have basically the same attitude as @Ash, just no blatantly illegal stuff, but grey area stuff like weed or general emulation discussion would all be fine.