Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ask M-D

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
The problem with the newest systems is that a lot of them are making it to where you can't sell the games because when you purchase a new copy they'll provide you with a coupon or code that is a one-time redemption.

Do you still own any classic consoles?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
The problem with the newest systems is that a lot of them are making it to where you can't sell the games because when you purchase a new copy they'll provide you with a coupon or code that is a one-time redemption.
Thank you for this information. I had heard of them floating this idea before in the past tense. I guess they're doing it to get rid of Game Stop.

Do you still own any classic consoles?

Sadly no. BUT.....I have bought all of my favorite PS3 era games on PSN for my PS4. Now I did buy the Classic PS1 but gave it away to an old girlfriend. Because I wasn't on it enough.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Thank you for this information. I had heard of them floating this idea before in the past tense. I guess they're doing it to get rid of Game Stop.

Sadly no. BUT.....I have bought all of my favorite PS3 era games on PSN for my PS4. Now I did buy the Classic PS1 but gave it away to an old girlfriend. Because I wasn't on it enough.
I don't think it's solely to kill off GameStop; but, because they want to increase sales and prevent people from using the same game on different consoles or sharing with friends.

Any plans for the weekend?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
Any plans for the weekend?

I don't think I have any major plans going on. It'll just be a regular mundane weekend. I'll spend time with the kids, take them to the park, watch television, and then lounge around my apartment.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
How old are your kids?

My daughter is 10 years old. My son is 8 years old. They're really great kids. They're far better behaved then I ever was. I'm really proud of them and I want to give them everything I can.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
Is the mom still involved?

Not like she was before. She ran into some financial problems and has fallen on hard times. Last month she lost her job, wrecked her truck, and her boyfriend kicked her out. She took a job 2 hours away working for this construction company. She was desperate so she felt she had little choice but to pick the job. She's trying to get back on her feet.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Do you guys do shared parenting?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
Do you guys do shared parenting?

Yeah. It's joint custody. Before she left town she asked if I'd take her back to court and try to get full custody. I promised her I wouldn't. Honestly I don't see the point, nor do I want to throw more money at a lawyer when she's hardly around as it is. She changed weeks before she came home and asked for a divorce, which was a year ago. She went from a dedicated mother to someone who wants to travel, party, and drink. So I just listen to what she says, not that she means or does any of what she say's she'll do, and I move on with life.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Do you think the courts would grant you full custody?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
Do you think the courts would grant you full custody?

Well, my lawyer said he could get me full custody. However, I settled for joint custody because my kids love their mom and she's very good with both of them. I didn't do full custody because for 1 he was asking a steep price and 2 I didn't feel it'd be fair to my ex wife, just because she cheated on me and treated me poorly, I didn't feel that warranted enough reasons to interfere with her relationship with the kids. I also made the decision for joint custody because she wasn't into narcotics, she wasn't out breaking the law, and I didn't feel she was a danger to her own children. All in all, I feel she's still a good mother. However, I do believe she needs to get her life straightened out and she has a long way still to go.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Have you gotten back into the dating game?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
Have you gotten back into the dating game?

No. I was out dating for a while. But for whatever reasons I lost all of my energy. It caused me more stress than it was giving me peace. I felt better to just come home and do whatever I wanted.

I think a major concern I have is getting with another woman who hates my kids and thinks they're an inconvenience like my last ex girlfriend did. I don't want to meet another sociopath psycho. I was with her for 2 months and she came to stay with me which was another one of my many bad mistakes which I've learned from.

My ex girlfriend called DFS on me after I drove her 3 hours to her moms. The little psycho false reported me to social services and basically attacked my kids because I broke up with her.

I refused to take her back. Finally told her to back off because she was spamming my phone and begging me to take her back. Tried to baby trap me with a fake pregnancy test that later in the day admitted that it was a lie because it looked like she pulled it off of the Internet.

She found out who my mother and brother were even though I never gave her that information or gave her their names. But she messaged my mother on Facebook and stressed her out lying that she was pregnant when she wasn't. My mother became so pissed off that she threatened to take her to court and sue her for harassment and extortion.

When I was with her, she'd sit at my apartment all day and flirt with other men on dating sites and used me for what she could get out of me. She was a habitual liar. She lied to me from day one about her criminal record. She got caught on camera stealing 200 dollars worth of items from Target. When taken to court the papers said she plead guilty. Which even she denied any and all wrong doing.

I realized I needed to break up with her because of 2 major things. 1.) She would get pissed off anytime I had to talk to my ex wife or have my kids stay over due to the joint custody agreement. It would start a major fight. She did not respect that I had kids. 2.) she wanted me to put her on my bank account and get her a debit card.

I had basically jumped into bed with a controlling sociopath from a dating website that was trying everything in her power to suck me dry both financially and emotionally. I couldn't take her crap anymore and it was time to get rid of her.

She was %100 times worse then my ex wife. I've never been pissed on by someone as bad as she did me. So the experience made it easy for me to forgive what my ex wife did. Because I went out and found someone much much worse.

Elizabeth was her name and being with her taught me a valuable lesson. I did date even more after my break up with her. But her memory still haunts me. Not only did I refuse to have the next few girlfriends that I was in a relationship with, not live or cohab with me.

I was becoming more and more reclusive to the point I've now decided I need time to myself still.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
There were so many red flags with that one man, you should have got out before it got that bad! Have you heard of the Better Bachelor channel on YouTube?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
There were so many red flags with that one man, you should have got out before it got that bad!

I agree. I still blame myself, because I made a bad choice, for being in that situation and feel bad for putting my kids through that. Even though I primarily blame Elizabeth for being immature and she should have known that when someone breaks up with you, the best thing to do is to walk away.

Have you heard of the Better Bachelor channel on YouTube?

Never heard of it. I'll look into it though when I get back into the game.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I'd recommend checking into it now, he had a similar situation happen to you and a lot of what he discusses is pertinent to the dating and non-dating world. He was discussing an article where a court in Canada ruled that a successful businessman had to pay $50k/mo to his on and off girlfriend because of the loophole in the wording for the co-habitation.

What's your Friday been like so far?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
What's your Friday been like so far?

It's been pretty dull. I originally was going to go help my mother mow the lawn at a duplex show owns and has rented out. But she wants me to wait until Monday now.