Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ask M-D

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
If you had a budget of $50,000 tomorrow and I asked you to pitch a business model to me and ask you to show that your idea is fail proof how would you do it? And how would it fit into the current market.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
If you had a budget of $50,000 tomorrow and I asked you to pitch a business model to me and ask you to show that your idea is fail proof how would you do it? And how would it fit into the current market.

I'd be interested in going into the firearm and ammunition industry. It seems to make a lotta money. My step dad used to run a firearm business in town, after he retired from being a police officer and he made a pretty penny doing it. Even more so, people are buying ammunition as soon as it hits the shelves.

In fact, in 2016 the firearms and ammunition industry was responsible for as much as $51.3 billion in total economic activity in the country.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I'd be interested in going into the firearm and ammunition industry. It seems to make a lotta money. My step dad used to run a firearm business in town, after he retired from being a police officer and he made a pretty penny doing it. Even more so, people are buying ammunition as soon as it hits the shelves.

That sounds awesome! How would your business be different from your competitors?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
That sounds awesome! How would your business be different from your competitors?

I have no clue. I never took a business class or went to college. I just thought with how things are right now with the ammo shortage. It might be easy money.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I see. How would you go about sourcing the ammo since there’s a shortage?

I'd have to find a supplier that would sell me the raw materials. I'd need to buy the machines to manufacture the different variants of bullets and hire people to help me make them. Plus, I'd need some training myself in crafting.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I'd have to find a supplier that would sell me the raw materials. I'd need to buy the machines to manufacture the different variants of bullets and hire people to help me make them. Plus, I'd need some training myself in crafting.
Great, how much would the above cost you and how much gross profit would you expect to make in the first 12 months?

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
lol I don't have a clue. A lot maybe?
Hopefully lol. To start with $50,000 would be a tight stretch, so maybe you’d look at renting a shop and buying second hand equipment to start with as well as minimal staff and mucking in yourself. I’m not sure on the price of the equipment so I wouldn’t be able to comment on that. What I do know is that location is key so maybe choose a state that are huge on hunting. Try to supply ammunition for the most popular weapons to start off with at a good rate to beat your competitors and always value returning customers maybe offer discounts etc.

I always say in your first 12 months try to at least break even, starting a business isn’t easy and to break even in your first 12 months is great at this point the business is paying for itself at the point of 24 months and once your name is out there and depending on supply and demand you should expect to start making a steady profit.

Would you ever consider starting the business for real?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Would you ever consider starting the business for real?

No. I didn't go to college and I don't have a business degree. I don't want to go take a loan from the bank that I'll never be able to pay back and I don't want to invest my money into something that is fruitless and results in me going bankrupt.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
No. I didn't go to college and I don't have a business degree. I don't want to go take a loan from the bank that I'll never be able to pay back and I don't want to invest my money into something that is fruitless and results in me going bankrupt.
I do see your point, although sometimes a degree isn’t necessary, I’m sure you’re a very smart guy and very successful in your field.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Do you think you would survive for a long period if there was a zombie outbreak?
If not that. It's kind of like what Carl said about mankind descending into barbarism and anarchy like it slowly has been in the states. If a riot were to break out where I live. I'd rather have a gun and not need it then need it and not have it when someone breaks in to harm me or my family.
Even without a rogue AI taking over, I calculate a 74 percent chance that human civilization will collapse into barbarism. And in that eventuality, these weapons will be vital to protect my family. - Carl (Terminator - dark Fate)

How do I get new candy?

Wal-Mart is your friend.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
How can I convince you to buy more candy and then give it to me?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
How can I convince you to buy more candy and then give it to me?

I get it! You need ammunition! No, I only have 2 packs of 50, 9mm bullets and I've only used 10 of those bullets at the range. I can't give you any.