Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ask M-D

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
How do you feel about some of the newer superhero movies versus the iconic ones like Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the like?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
How do you feel about some of the newer superhero movies versus the iconic ones like Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the like?

I'd say the only one that I wasn't too fond of was Captain Marvel and that was because of Brie Larson. According to interviews, some of her cast members tend to get a little annoyed with her.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Did you watch all of Captain Marvel?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Haven't heard about the hate stuff but I like Brie. I thought I wouldn't enjoy Captain marvel but it was pretty good, to be honest.

Least favourite Marvel character (forgetting the people that play them)?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
Did you watch all of Captain Marvel?
Yes. Part of the film reminded me of "Guardians of the Galaxy" and Ronan shows up at the end wanting to bomb Earth.

Least favourite Marvel character?

I didn't really care for Electra, Captain Marvel, or Black Panther. It took me awhile to like Ant-Man's Scott Lang and how the movie was mainly a comedy.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Forums I'm a member on.
  1. Yaketys
  2. Discussion Hub
  3. Geeze Zone.
You won't find me on many others. The ones I was on shut down for whatever the owner's reasons were.
Oh right Yaketys I forgot sorry. Not sure how ai forgot that.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
Oh right Yaketys I forgot sorry. Not sure how ai forgot that.

Yes. I've been with Yaketys since July 4th of 2016. Days after they started which was June the 27th. It's my favorite forum. I'm not saying all of the other forums suck. It's just the one forum where I have the most time invested in that community. I have some good friends there. So I always go back.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Yes. Part of the film reminded me of "Guardians of the Galaxy" and Ronan shows up at the end wanting to bomb Earth.

I didn't really care for Electra, Captain Marvel, or Black Panther. It took me awhile to like Ant-Man's Scott Lang and how the movie was mainly a comedy.
How did you feel about them arguing she was the strongest hero of Earth?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I didn't agree. But then again, the MCU films is different from the comics and they say who is the strongest.
How so? Thor is still arguably a god according to the MCU.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
How so? Thor is still arguably a god according to the MCU.

Yes. I believe Thor and The Hulk are the strongest. However, the people running MCU got a lot of backlash for this scene when Captain Marvel said " You didn't have me." and how MCU has implied that Captain Marvel is the strongest Avenger because this scene makes it like they could have stopped the Great and Mighty Thanos if she'd been present in Infinity Wars. Which really means, Captain Marvel is just a big favorite of someone in the industry and they're just forcing her down our throats last minute and they're making it out to be like she's this omnipotent super hero who is stronger than Thor when she's not. The problem is MCU is giving her way way too much credit.

If you go and visit the comments section of this video. You'll see all the hate comments.

and this too. This scene just looks really forced as in they're making it look like the BIG one on one Final fight.

Fact of the matter is and I know it's not just me. No one wanted to see Bri Larson's Captain Marvel. Anyone would have rather seen Scarlet Witch or any other senior MCU character take on Thanos in that scene.

Captain Marvel was just hamfisted right in.

Article: https://screenrant.com/captain-marvel-fan-backlash-brie-larson-explained/

Last edited by a moderator:

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Did you hear the complaints about the lack of screen time Brie had in comparison to the veteran MCU characters?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$728
Winbux
$0.00
Did you hear the complaints about the lack of screen time Brie had in comparison to the veteran MCU characters?

Yeah. I was glad she was barely in it. According to MCU, Bri signed on as a minor protagonist in the film. Meaning less lines and less screen time which is what she got. Anthony Russo kicked a statement.

She “had no depth of relationship with those other characters, which on one side is an opportunity, but also – when you have a story that's this size – you have to work with an economy of storytelling in order to maximize the journey in the movie,” - Anthony Russo

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
What would you say if you were in the theater after seeing Captain Marvel and someone made a comment that 'she will make the MCU great'?