Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ask M-D

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Favourite film that isn't from the Terminator series?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Life has been pretty good to me. Feeling pretty optimistic because I got to keep my job during the pandemic so I'm still able to get everything I owe like rent, car insurance, electric and water utilities paid.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
How's your weekend going?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
And we're one of the 3?

Yes. Most of the forums I was a member on 5 years ago are long gone. Some forums just go out of business I guess.

How's your weekend going?

Pretty good. Grabbed a new PS4 this weekend and downloaded my old games from my PSN account that I already owned.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Why buy a new PS4 when there's PS5s coming out this fall?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Why buy a new PS4 when there's PS5s coming out this fall?

I have a huge PSN game digital library on my account with the PS4. I think Sony would just make me buy them again for the PS5 seeing as I've bought online games for the PS3 that I've had to re-buy just for the PS4 Online.

EDIT: I ended up waiting 2 years to get a PS4 after it's release date because they were sold out every time I went to Wal-Mart or visited the local Game Stop to buy one. They were more expensive on Ebay, because people were buying them and trying to sell them for 700- 800 dollars. Amazon was sold out.

So I imagine the PS5 will be sold out for sometime. But those are my reasons for getting another PS4. I mostly wait a year after the console has come out because they're sold out for a while not to mention the prices vary online and you definitley don't want to buy a PS5 on Ebay because people buy them from Wal-Mart and sell them for a thousand dollars online because they're sold out in stores. They've done that with every Playstation system that's come out since the Playstation 2 and the Playstation 3 when they just hit stores.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Since Xbox has unveiled their pricing, what do you think PS5 will be marked at?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Since Xbox has unveiled their pricing, what do you think PS5 will be marked at?

I'm thinking between 499.95 and 599.95. They're coming out with a digital only PS5 which doesn't have a disc drive and one that does. Honestly though....the new look is......weird.

prlpcky84ri87j4vojq3.jpg

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I love it. Imagine an all-black version!

Your PS4 library would have been fine with the PS5 since it is backwards compatible. But yeah, it might have been difficult to get your hands on one at launch. Do you think you will get the digital or disc version?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I love it. Imagine an all-black version!

Your PS4 library would have been fine with the PS5 since it is backwards compatible. But yeah, it might have been difficult to get your hands on one at launch. Do you think you will get the digital or disc version?

I'm thinking digital where I live. Because I always buy my games on PSN because it's more convenient. My complaint is Game Stop has a large selection of used and broken games that to me is an unreliable source. Wal- Mart doesn't have a huge selection of PS4 games and seems to cater more to X-Box players and has a huge selection. Wal-Mart doesn't always get the new releases the day of for Playstation. Sometimes it takes them weeks and when they do get it, it's sold out. Which really just pushes me towards the digital market and forces me to always buy from PSN. I'd rather wait 3 - 5 hours for a download from PSN then go on Amazon and order a PS4 game that could take up to 2 weeks for me to get. So that's why I've strayed away from the physical medium because I can't seem to get it when I want it.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Yeah, that's not great. Because of the price differences between digital and physical, I always go for physical because the extra days waiting for it is still worth it when considering the savings.

What do you think about the white panels on the PS5? I'm hoping they are replaceable!

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
What do you think about the white panels on the PS5? I'm hoping they are replaceable!

In my mind, I was thinking the PS5 was going to be black like it's predecessors such as the PS2, PS3, and PS4 models. But with the white color....I'm thinking maybe Sony is wanting to pay homage to the PS1 which was white when it came out. Another thought is that I'm thinking maybe they're wanting to change it up a bit.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I think they wanted to go for something really special and out of the ordinary. Although, I would have loved an all-black version really. I might trade mine in when they eventually released a black one (if the panels aren't replaceable).

What would be a price point for the PS5 that would be too expensive for you?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
What would be a price point for the PS5 that would be too expensive for you?

I'm not saying it's a deal breaker. But I will say it will be worth the wait. I think it being almost 600 dollars is going to be a lot for me already because I have worldly obligations that come first in my life. What's challenging for me is that I'd have to get 2 of them. My son is wanting one already and then there's me. So that'd be almost 12 hundred dollars spent between him and myself. I have my work cut out for me.