Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ask the Phenom

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I'm a rising sensation, I know. Ask me whatever you'd like to know. Just remember, I reserve the right to skip or deny answering a question I deem inappropriate or too personal.

Kik

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$896
Winbux
$0.00
Do you still listen to Hands Like Houses? I'm 99% sure you're the one that got me into them, iirc? XD

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
You're welcome for that and yes, occasionally. I've not heard much new from them lately. You might like Starset, another newish band I discovered and have been introducing to people.

Kik

Reaction score
Hubux
$896
Winbux
$0.00
I haven't had a chance to really don't down and listen to their newest album but they're still one of my faves so thank you! XD

Ooh I LOVE Starset! They're in my top 5 for sure :D

Have you ever listened to/know of Nothing More?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Hands Like Houses has a new album? Hmm, I'll have to make it a point to listen to it today when I'm driving around doing errands. Starset is a great band, I'm glad they're gaining momentum.

I feel like the answer is yes..though I'm not sure...after a quick Google search, yes. I was a big fan of the This is the Way song.

Kik

Reaction score
Hubux
$896
Winbux
$0.00
It miiight be a year old by now but newish, yeah :p Starset is amazing though indeed!

Nothing More is another one that's up there for me. They opened for Disturbed when Ant and I saw them and they were awesome. I had been listening to them for awhile before so getting to see them live was great.

What other bands are in your top 5 or so?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
My typical top five are Three Days Grace (older versus newer sound), Linkin Park, Bastille and I'm not sure I could narrow it down to a fifth. I've not found any bands that I really stick with. I've been using the Spotify discover weekly playlist each Monday and finding new bands that pique my interest with a song or two but haven't found any that really hold my attention.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Oh god, @Kik was it 2005-08 ish? We met back in the height of InvisionFree/ZetaBoards

Kik

Reaction score
Hubux
$896
Winbux
$0.00
@Ash @Phenom

Oh man, it was a looong time ago but I don't remember when or what the first board we met on was xD Definitely at least 10 years ago!

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I want to say it was during one of the iterations of ZetaBoard Community or maybe it was on the old IFSZ? I'm not really sure like Kik said. It was well over 10 years ago now though.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I do, yes. I watch soccer. I'm more casual though I'm gradually or was gradually becoming a big fan of a local team of my home state.

Kik

Reaction score
Hubux
$896
Winbux
$0.00
Interesting, not what I was expecting when I saw the band was Falling in Reverse. I've known them to be the more heavy rock type bands. Guess they're doing what a lot of bands have been doing, including Hollywood Undead and taking a more synthesized/edm sound approach. Not necessarily bad; but, not one of my favorites from them.

I've really only listened to their 2018/2019 stuff so far. Which of their older songs would you recommend?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I've really only listened to their 2018/2019 stuff so far. Which of their older songs would you recommend?
What?!? Sarah! I would have figured with FotG that what's her name would have introduced you to some of their older stuff. Very similar to Avenged Sevenfold in sound.

Here's some older songs I'd recommend:

Do you follow any leagues in other countries?
Yep, the English Premier League, the Bundesliga and Serie A

Kik

Reaction score
Hubux
$896
Winbux
$0.00
Nope! XD You might be surprised but I never listened to much of Avenged Sevenfold either ?

I'll be sure to listen to more, though I had listened to the first a couple times! I actually prefer the Reimagined version though. Have you heard that one?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
What?!? You've never listened to Avenged Sevenfold?!?

Yeah, the newer one has a different, more solo sound to it. Popular Monster is another good song of their newer ones.

Kik

Reaction score
Hubux
$896
Winbux
$0.00
Nope xD I might have heard their songs randomly on the radio but I couldn't name any of 'em.

Yess I like that one too. And Losing My Life & Losing My Mind. I like how the videos are all connected and kinda tell a story.

So, I gotta ask since you linked Bloody Valentine... feels on MGK?

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me what your hoping to achieve. Feel free to share some short term goals too.