Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Assisted Suicide

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Not sure what country it is, Switzerland maybe, but there is a country that allows people to use a machine that will assist them in dying. Do you agree with it? Would you want something like that in your country?

Aragon Burner

Found the couch and snacks
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
lilrawkers.com
Hubux
$1,574
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
Jakey Jake
Assisted suicide is a very tough subject because the morality of it comes into question. But in my opinion, if someone's suffering is a very personal thing and we have no right to stop someone ending their life in a controlled way should they desire to do so after going through all the psychological screening process that they have in place.

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00
I don't have an issue with somebody terminally ill choosing to die when they want.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I fully support it, there comes a point when life has to end. I know my mom would have taken the option if possible, her last few weeks before succumbing to cancer were.... less than liveable.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I only support it in cases where the condition is terminal or it's a chronic condition that is brings the person a lot of discomfort, loss of control or indignity.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I only support it in cases where the condition is terminal or it's a chronic condition that is brings the person a lot of discomfort, loss of control or indignity.
I understand. But if someone wants to use such a service even without a terminal or chronic condition, shouldn't they have the choice anyway? It's not something that impacts us and they might just not be happy with life

Aragon Burner

Found the couch and snacks
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
lilrawkers.com
Hubux
$1,574
Winbux
$0.00
Jakey Jake
Very controversial opinion Ash. I would not be in support of say someone with depression being allowed access to this type of service. They should be institutionalized and medicated if they are that bad. I know it comes down to personal choice in many cases, but society also has an obligation to protect its most vulnerable members.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,985
Winbux
$0.00
I understand. But if someone wants to use such a service even without a terminal or chronic condition, shouldn't they have the choice anyway? It's not something that impacts us and they might just not be happy with life
For terminal or chronic, they should have a choice. Right to live. Right to die.
To me, if someone wants to kill themselves they will find a way to do it. Even if it's when they are in a deep depression & feels there's no other way.
With the way the world is now, many of us are not happy with life & it does not seem like it will be better anytime soon. So I can see how somebody would just want to end it. All the medication & therapy in the world won't change our world leaders & the economy.
I do believe while we can't change our situation, we can change how we THINK about that situation. However, this world now really tests the limits of those who can do that.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,217
Winbux
$0.00
I have always found assisted suicide a difficult subject and it is a sensitive one to discuss. Many who choose assisted suicide do it because they are no longer happy in their life due to health issues that make it so they can not live their life the way someone should.

Of course, it is the decision of the person who wants to die when it comes to assisted suicide and I feel if they feel that is what they want, it should be a choice they can make, some laws make it difficult though without looking into how the person feels.