Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Auctions

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Would you guys like to see some special auctions from time to time where you can bid on items using your Hubux? The auctions would be for rarer items that you normally wouldn't be able to get your hands on through the shop.

Thoughts?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
This is just an idea. What about some kind of membership that you don't have to renew and has some perks better than Emerald. Auction only and not everyone can have one. Maybe or maybe not. I don't know lol.

source.gif

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
This is just an idea. What about some kind of membership that you don't have to renew and has some perks better than Emerald. Auction only and not everyone can have one. Maybe or maybe not. I don't know lol.

source.gif
I would consider that on the same realm as "lifetime" hosting plans since essentially at this point you are paying the provider (the forum) to host those features for you without renewals being required.

So unless they would be investing say a piece of hardware to colo for instance or what not then I would say these are unsustainable for however many people it was allowed for.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety

source.gif
It's a good idea but I'm always reluctant to consider permanent memberships. Because eventually a lot of people are going to end up with it and then potentially lose interest in the other group upgrades as well.

Things like custom username styles, awards and other things that can't be obtained from the shop. Like how both @Phenom and @Laifot have their own username styles which they got from the Advent Calender in 2020.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Phenom is a special kind of man and he is willing to offer Sextronaut memberships to those who contribute to DH in some way or other.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I think it's a good idea.. but some policies need to be implemented like the amount of times you can bid, maybe a member can't participate in all auctions for example..new users wouldn't have a chance with us for example.

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
I think it's a good idea.. but some policies need to be implemented like the amount of times you can bid, maybe a member can't participate in all auctions for example..new users wouldn't have a chance with us for example.
I mean...

The old adverb of you "win some and you lose some" applies here. People will exhaust their Hubux supplies and therefore "runner ups" will eventually be able to bid for the future items.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Phenom is a special kind of man and he is willing to offer Sextronaut memberships to those who contribute to DH in some way or other.
That's very generous of you. Because if I was you, I would be keeping that sexy username style all for myself lol
It's something we can look at if it becomes a bit of a problem with one member scooping up everything. I don't want to be too restrictive because it would be a bit unfair to punish the users that tend to be active more.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
That's very generous of you. Because if I was you, I would be keeping that sexy username style all for myself lol
Then the Sextronauts will overwhelm DH.

• Haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.