Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Bank for Forum Currency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Hi all!

I think adding a bank that members can you deposit their forum currency into, would be a great addition. I'd like to see a basic interest rate of 1-2%, on a monthly basis. What does everyone think about this idea?

On a side note, I'm loving the look of the forum shop.

Kind regards
Alexander

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Thank you for the suggestion Alexander. I'm glad that you like the forum shop. We have a lot of new items and plans for it so it's still somewhat under construction.

In terms of the bank, we are not going to be adding one at the current moment. We want coins to be a reward for completing various activities around the world (primarily being posting) and we don't want coins to be given out for doing nothing. We are planning to introduce a lot of new ways to earn coins including some contests so it won't be too hard to earn anyway.

We may come back to this idea in the future but right now, it's not something that will be introduced.

catgirl

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$135
Winbux
$0.00
I'll add that ForumPromotion had some issues with theirs and discontinued it.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
Two tidbits on why Forum Promotion had it removed. First, apparently the manual collection was turned off for awhile, and the automatic was running (provided the person logged in atleast once every 7 days). Second thing, the interest rate for it, was way too high. I personally ended up having close to 700,000 credits, after an initial investment of 50,000 after 6-7 months.

If something like this is added, make sure the collection isn't set on daily, but actually on a monthly basis. And then, decide whether or not a interest rate is needed, or just run it as a savings account. If it is ran as a savings account, no interest rate is needed, unless you want to follow a typical bank interest level (0.02 percent, per month).

Reactions: Ash

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Thanks everyone. We do have the bank enabled, however at this time it is reserved for Diamond Premium Users and Staff Members as a "perk". Depending on how things go, we may consider opening the bank for Sapphire Premium Users, however we are not there quite yet.

Reactions: Ash
Status
Not open for further replies.