Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Batteries

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
How often do you have to replace the batteries for things like your TV remote? And do you tend to buy any battery that you can find or look for one with specific benefits?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I buy whatever’s on the store shelves.

Me too. We have a collection of batteries now but I plan on just using those up and just buying them as needed. I wait until whatever device is out of juice before replacing the batteries.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I have a hanging rack that stores different size batteries. When batteries are on sale, I buy them. I replace batteries in my smoke and carbon detector units twice a year. Others I change when they start getting weak.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Yeah, I don't bother going for the fancy batteries that promise different things. Just go for the semi-cheapest option and hope it lasts long enough lol

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
I buy them in bulk at Costco. I found on some there was a BYGO sale.

Annies

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,006
Winbux
$0.00
Just replaced my 8 Plus battery after being on 85%. But I just ordered a XS Max on Swappa since I tend to upgrade every two years

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,469
Winbux
$0.00
Don’t think we have that many either, to be honest. TV remote, two wireless mouses, and the fire alarm
I’m that weirdo that likes having clocks in every room (I only have 3, but still…). Outside of remotes, I need those 9 volts for my acoustic guitars. I bought rechargeable AA and AAA’s for my modded Gameboys.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
My laptop has a user-serviceable battery — that is, one you can remove on your own. I just ordered a new battery. Glad I can do it myself.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,054
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I don't replace batteries too often, but because I'm a diabetic with an insulin pump that requires Energizer Max AA batteries (no idea why, but other brands simply do not work in the pump, it's even outlined in the support documentation, use Energizer Max AA batteries or the pump will not function correctly), so I just buy those and keep them as stocked as I can.

Scott

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,043
Winbux
$0.00
I make use of Duracell batteries for my TV remote and they do last very well. I think that I haven't changed the one's in it now for more than a year and it's working well.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
I would say that before I need to change a battery in a remote the batteries in the remote already would usually last quite a few months for how much we use them. At the moment due to my youngest battery pack going on him for his controller, he has had to start using batteries again for now and I have found that getting similar batteries to what I get for the remote controls I use but the ones that are specifically for things like controllers work the best for him and usually work for around a week or so before he needs to switch them out, if not longer depending on how much he plays.