Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Battlefield 2042

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Anyone here looking forward to playing Battlefield 2042?

The pre-load for the open beta is now up so make sure to get it downloaded if you want to try it out

Thumbs GIF by Battlefield

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
How do we get in? Anyone have an answer?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
If you have a sound bar on Xbox don't use it.

TV speakers only.

Ok find a micro USB.

Plug it into controller then plug the cord into Xbox with Xbox on.

Then with Xbox on & controller hooked up reach behind Xbox unplug it for 30 seconds. Then plug back in with controller still plugged in.

Keep controller plugged in with USB cord.!

Turn on Xbox wait for it to start to your home screen.

Then start 2042 and game will work & you can play.

Have to keep controller plugged in with USB cord though.

This worked on my Xbox one x. Luckily I had a 10 ft. USB to USB micro cord to plug controller in.

Plus if I used my sound bar remote to adjust volume game said controller disconnect. Then you have to unplug Xbox again.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Nope, but I actually never even played this series. So just have no interest in it.
Battlefield 4 was amazing. It's quite an interesting series that has had some amazing and less amazing titles (like any game series I guess). Looks like this one might unfortunately be another "less amazing" one.

Does the game not work with a soundbar @Kylie or is it another issue that occurs?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Does the game not work with a soundbar @Kylie or is it another issue that occurs?
  • Sound engine is completely dysfunctional. Sometimes there's no sound when firing a gun. The default pistol has almost no sound after every shot. Certain noises are too suppresed compared to others.
  • Controller vibration issues. Some things that should trigger controller feedback simply don't. It makes the game feel unresponsive.
  • Clunky and bad controls. The movement and aiming doesn't feel as natural as prior battlefield games. It just doesn't feel responsive no matter how I change the settings.

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
Battlefield 4 was amazing. It's quite an interesting series that has had some amazing and less amazing titles (like any game series I guess). Looks like this one might unfortunately be another "less amazing" one.

Can agree with that!!
Was one of my favourite games a couple of years back.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Not good. Even for a beta, things like that shouldn't be happening at all really which is a huge shame. I definitely experienced the clunky controls.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Battlefield 2042 is epic, most people are talking about it :) ANd I know most people have gotten the game on pre-order. I, however, do not have the money or extra cash to buy the game. I will wait longer or maybe that I get it for free :p

I do have many other BF games, well A collection.