Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Best Mechanical Keyboard?

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,054
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
What do you think is the best mechanical keyboard on the market? What about it in particular do you like?

For me I've been using a Lenovo "Black Silk" keyboard for the past 7 years, and it's been perfectly fine. It's membrane-based, so not a "true" mechanical" keyboard, but it has done its' job very well. Now that it's giving up on me, however (keys aren't working, space bar is temperamental), I've ordered a Ducky One 2 Horizon to see if it's as good as the reviews suggest. It certainly looks promising, so I'm hoping to get the same sort of life out of it! It's got Cherry MX Brown switches, no back-lighting (a positive for me, I don't like RGB on my keyboard, too distracting), and the keycaps have a VERY high rating in terms of quality, so I'm really looking forwad to giving this a try when it arrives tomorrow :)

How about you, what's the best mechanical keyboard you've used or would like to pick up?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Honestly, they're pretty much all the same at a function level. It really depends on what you want from your board, and a custom is usually the best route if you're willing to get your hands dirty. Also the cost factor also, you can get them under $100 to over $200 :)

Some advice I can give is that if the company is known for mechanical keyboards is usually a good bet. I myself have a Corsair K95 Platinum and I love it. MAkes far more noise but they all do in that point of view.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
There's this brand, that i don't know that if it exists elsewhere.. Redragon Kumara! it's one of the best mechanical keyboards for less than $50!

You can do hotkeys macro, it has RGB! durable and wireless.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,054
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I absolutely adore the Ducky One 2 Horizon I just bought, it's fantastic! Been using it since last night and it is absolutely incredible! Build quality is solid, keycaps are top notch and it didn't break the bank to pick it up. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for mechanical keyboards!

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I've been using a corsair K70 rgb w/ cherry mx red switches for a good few years now, I'm quite satisfied with it overall. Never used any other switch types though so perhaps I'm missing out.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Is it possible to buy a silent mechanical keyboard? The noise factor is probably the only reason why I haven't purchased one for myself.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I've gotten a ducky brand one, that was awesome. However, I've come to need ergonomic keyboards and managed to find a cloudnine ergonomic keyboard.

Sucks I had to give up my other.