Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Boycotting countries

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It can be hard to boycott certain products and brands. But have you ever wanted to boycott a country and the things they manufacture? Is it something that can be done easily for you?

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,469
Winbux
$0.00
Some of it can be very difficult, because of all the research that goes into it. Do you boycott the brand/company, or do you boycott the individual products? It’s not unusual for for companies to have products made in different countries, or have parts of the product manufactured in different countries.

Some companies also have a ton of other sub-companies that they own, so you have to research what they also own too. A good example is Nestle, like good god, how much of the food and bottled water industry do they own?

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00
I don't think I've ever boycotted a company apart from Oak Furnitureland, and that's only because they messed up an order a few times.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
I boycott the country but not the people. We are more conscious of items from China & try to buy USA Made. Problem with that however is something I found out with pet treats. There was a brand we found that had the “Made in the USA” label. However, some of the ingredients they buy are from China! That annoyed me! However, it was true. It IS M-A-D-E (produced, put together) in USA but the ingredients are not necessarily F-R-O-M USA.
Just another way a company can find that loophole.

bestwriter

Leader among Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
grouie.blogspot.com
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$5.00
Whatever China makes is sub-standard. Apart from that India and China do not see eye to eye when it comes to border issues. Yes. I boycott their products.