Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Branding redesigns

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Companies do love unnecessarily changing up their logos and branding. Have you ever done this for one of your sites? And is it to help create a more "branded look" for your site or just to try something different?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Companies do love unnecessarily changing up their logos and branding. Have you ever done this for one of your sites? And is it to help create a more "branded look" for your site or just to try something different?
I have at the very earliest stages of GZ's life

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Other than some changes to the theme, I try not to mess with logos and branding, to be honest. Just too much effort and not much in terms of benefits, for forums anyway.
I have at the very earliest stages of GZ's life
Just a logo change or much more than that?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Other than some changes to the theme, I try not to mess with logos and branding, to be honest. Just too much effort and not much in terms of benefits, for forums anyway.

Just a logo change or much more than that?
Oh more than that. We used to go by a completely different name! Then I changed the name, had the myspace esque theme, then I moved to the current one!

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
At the beginning of a site's life, it could take a while to get the feel for how you want things to look, color choices, fonts, design, etc. From there, you need to be stable for a while so that people can get a visual feel and remember your site. If they see a post on social media, you want them to identify with your site, even if it's using the same logo in the same position each time.

If you feel your logo looks too blah, change it in a year and then modify the rest of the branding to coincide with that change. Then be consistent with how you use it.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$1,228
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
FP has had a branding redesign a few times... Only once since I became an Administrator, and that's because I paid an awesome designer for a complete set of graphics, including vector graphics for making t-shirts, coffee mugs, and other FP merch.