Buy used or new?

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Community Leader
Hubux:
1,163¢
Adult Cafe Forum Access
Do you buy your PC brand new or do you head on over to the pawn shop and buy a used computer?

Jayson

Making themselves at home
Hubux:
83¢
I buy new cause those skinny desktops aren't much anyway. Well, the last one was only around $300 and I already had a monitor. Anyway, a drawback of that computer is the low memory and graphics, but that doesn't mean much unless your into gaming or art, but I did think about getting more into art.

Ash

Founder | Technical Admin
Administrator
Hubux:
756¢
Adult Cafe Forum Access
New all day long. And that's the case for most things that I purchase anyway really. Especially with technology, I think it's important to buy new because you don't have to suffer with using an old device that someone else might have ruined.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Emerald Member
Hubux:
2,321¢
Adult Cafe Forum Access
New! You have no idea what you're getting with refurbished. I would think it would be a different case if you were buying the tower for a desktop and could replace the parts. Buying a laptop that requires a factory or warehouse to open and upgrade/repair is a no go.

Demon_skeith

Really likes it here <3
Hubux:
1,066¢
Never buy refurbished unless you know the person selling it to you. To get a decent new PC will only run a person 200-400 dollars these days which isn't bad.

apathy

Found the couch and snacks
Hubux:
74¢
I'd live by @Demon_skeith's advice, I'd never buy second-hand unless it was from a friend, but even then I'd still be at least somewhat cautious.

JennyorAlice

Planning to move in?
Hubux:
398¢
I've never bought used. I'm afraid to honestly. I don't want to get someone's old computer and they have something inappropriate on it that I'm going to get in trouble for it after the purchase. This laptop I'm using now, I bought new just last week.

Jayson

Making themselves at home
Hubux:
83¢
Pawn shops and computer stores would be under a lot of pressure to sell good stuff. Nonetheless, though, a new one isn't that much - unless it's a gaming computer or something else with more memory etc.. In that case, well, maybe a used gaming computer etc.. could be a good deal.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Hubux:
326¢
Adult Cafe Forum Access
When it comes to a PC buying second hand may seem like a good option but then you lose all warranty on any parts. Depending on what PC you want you could probably build it for an extra couple hundred.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Top Poster Of Month
Hubux:
1,885¢
Adult Cafe Forum Access
I'm lucky because my brother fixes computers, If he feels it's not worth fixing, he would advise me to go get a new one.

Zap

Found the couch and snacks
Hubux:
77¢
Adult Cafe Forum Access
I buy mine new, but try to make them last for at least five years.

D

Deleted member 268

new

I don't trust used shit, you don't know what they've done on it or what kind of quality it is truly in. I'll always prefer new shiny stuff.

Empire

Kicking
Emerald Member
Hubux:
3,614¢
Adult Cafe Forum Access
I always buy new gear ;)

I mean you have no idea what it has been though from the last person, GPUs might have gone into 24 hours in bitcoin mining and that can just kill them out real fast. Also PSU's are very important to not buy secoundheand since their lifespan is going to be far lower and if something goes wrong you have no back point.

I always buy new and look after my gear and they last :) It's not that I trust it, you have no idea how or what they been through. End of the day New items is just as cheap then what people saying their old gear.

Members online

No members online now.

What Are We Listening To?

• Tonto's Drum (Part Two)
    Tonto's Drum - Darren Emerson 1992 Remix
    Eagles Prey
    Tonto's Drum (Part Two)

Status Updates

Phenom wrote on Riker Slade's profile.
Hey and welcome to the community!
Laifot wrote on peterturner's profile.
Hi! welcome to DH!!