Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Buying games at small shops?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Got a notice in the mail that the gaming shop that had to close is going to reopen in December but with a 'limited' selection of games. Will check it out when they do open.
They have decided not to reopen. :(

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Our town has a huge indoor flea market that just opened to the public. The owner of the video store that closed down, has rented space there. We now have a place to go again to buy video games.

Lee

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,040
Winbux
$0.00
I buy table top board games from a local shop, my warhammer etc… but games, I usually buy online.

In the UK (or at least where I am) we can get in store deals on games that actually make them cheaper than downloading…

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,460
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Coolness. I've never played a tabletop game, altho I really wanted to check out Battletech but didn't know anyone that played. :(

StormyFire

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$616
Winbux
$0.00
I haven't bought a physical copy of a game for years. Digital is much better for me. I was never good at taking care of physical media...

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I used to buy games on disc. But I have since been downloading the digital versions online. It's easier and more convenient for me.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,460
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
None of my old friends play either, I joined a local group and played that way.
Coolness.
Post automatically merged:

I used to buy games on disc. But I have since been downloading the digital versions online. It's easier and more convenient for me.
Everyone did. There was a time when downloading a game other than a pirated copy, didn't exist. lol

tdbnz

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,646
Winbux
$0.20
I love buying games from Prawn shops or at charity shops often you can find games at low prices witch is really good also sometimes I buy them online if I cant get them anywhere :)