Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Buying video games

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Where do you buy your video games?
If it's console, there's a shop called GameLandia, it's the first here in my country and one of the most legendaries.

If it's on PC then a virtual shop like Steam is my answer.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I used to buy my games from Wal-Mart or download them off of PSN.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Most of the games I buy are long out of print or production as I collect for older systems. Retro game shops, thrift stores, pawn shops and online purchases are where the vast majority come from. Lots of people go to garage sales but I live in an area where those are rare due to bylaw enforcement. As for new games, GameStop, Amazon and my local independent game stores are my go to choices other than digital purchases.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Most of the games I buy are long out of print or production as I collect for older systems. Retro game shops, thrift stores, pawn shops and online purchases are where the vast majority come from. Lots of people go to garage sales but I live in an area where those are rare due to bylaw enforcement. As for new games, GameStop, Amazon and my local independent game stores are my go to choices other than digital purchases.

Did you ever get Hyperkin's Retron 5 that plays 80's and 90's Nintendo and Sega games?

maxresdefault.jpg

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
For my new Xbox, from nowhere, because I will just be using the Game Pass to get access to games on the platform. For my PS5, it is mostly from Amazon, although there are some games I just get from the PSN Store as it's easier and quicker.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I used to buy games from walking into your game store and buying discs versions of the game :) back then, I did not have good internet speeds, so I can't download games rather than discs drives, discs drives that we no longer have anymore. I still have some of those games to this day, back from 2013.

Now I just get them off from Steam or online stores and have them downloaded. Go onto third-party stores and get games that are cheaper than on steam. All digital downloads. Stoe I go to are EB games store

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
If its a modern game then almost exclusively on Steam, but every now and then I'll buy a game off the PSN for the PS4.
For older games, like for my Megaten collection, I buy pretty much everything off eBay.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Did you ever get Hyperkin's Retron 5 that plays 80's and 90's Nintendo and Sega games?

maxresdefault.jpg
That looks crazy, but i'm afraid that it won't read many of the SNES games, they have a lot of anti piracy chips, at least for the NTSC versions.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Generally on the PlayStation Store, since digital copies get much better discounts in sales than physical..

..kinda makes me wonder why I've bought the full-blooded PS5, but I guess it's just preferable to have the option!