Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Cable TV

StormyFire

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$616
Winbux
$0.00
Do you still have a cable subscription?

I haven't had one for years. I never really found much to watch on TV. It's mostly reality and re-runs...

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
No cable here. I use streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, iTunes, Hulu.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I still have it to watch sports lol but other than that it's really a waste, tv channels are dying though, so maybe in a few years we'll just have to pay a thousand stream services (which is still the same concept xd)

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I actually don't have cable. I cut that even before it was trendy many years ago. lol I found myself not really having a lot of time to watch tv and when I did, I didn't like skipping through commercials. It was also getting extremely expensive.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$727
Winbux
$0.00
I never did get Cable. I always went through Dish or Direct TV which turned out to be a waste of money in the long run.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
It’s funny because this question is do you STILL have cable. We JUST got it lol We live rural & it wasn’t available in our area for a long time. We had Directv. We have recently switched to our phone provider for their bundle of phone, internet, TV & while we liked Directv's style, plus we were used to it, we are saving a bunch of money. I don't watch much TV anyways. My husband & I do when we are eating dinner.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Who still use cable :p I like it, but I'm old and it's what I've always known.

The best content is still (for the most part) on cable TV. A lot of it you can get online (HBO GO/FXNOW/etc.), but you generally still need a cable subscription to access it.