Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Can you hack?

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Nah I never really was interested in hacking websites. (I do hack video games though. xD) Ethical hacking is fine in my book though. I think it's fine to let people know if their site isn't that secure, especially if it handles personal information. This will hopefully get the webmaster's attention to try and fix the problems that their site has.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I do, as a security tester i know a bunch of methods to do this. We did threw down a couple of important websites as a part of betatesting sessions.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
I do, as a security tester i know a bunch of methods to do this. We did threw down a couple of important websites as a part of betatesting sessions.

So you can remove websites and make them disappear?

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
So you can remove websites and make them disappear?

If you talk about its content removed yeah but usually hosting services include backup so it's like not really big thing to worry about nowadays.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
If you talk about its content removed yeah but usually hosting services include backup so it's like not really big thing to worry about nowadays.

Do you use any programs that are easy to use? Programs that hack and delete the site itself?

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
Do you use any programs that are easy to use? Programs that hack and delete the site itself?

No, most of them are useless if you don't know how to do it, you see there are lots of things you can do, from just taking the site down to steal passwords and credit cards numbers. There are lots of sites that offer you courses to learn how to hack sites.. but as i said before most of this is used to test its security and to improve.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I messed around with some SQL injection a bit as a teen when trying to teach myself PHP & SQL. I only ever got it to work on test sites I set up myself that purposely didn't escape strings, and never encountered any sites in the wild that were vulnerable. Though, a lot of vulnerabilities only pop up in very specific circumstances, and I definitely wasn't trying anything more exotic than just inputting SQL to login forms