Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Cheap GPU for average gaming

Jason

Troubleshooter
Reaction score
Website
webmasterchill.com
Hubux
$218
Winbux
$0.00
Recently my Zotac 1050 broke down, fan is not spinning and i don't get any signal from the GPU. So looking for some cheap GPU to go with my board H61M-CS (PCI-E]

Saw GT 710 2GB RAM, it costs me around 45$. I am from India so most of the GPU you suggest might not be available. My Budget is around 100-120$

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
Recently my Zotac 1050 broke down, fan is not spinning and i don't get any signal from the GPU. So looking for some cheap GPU to go with my board H61M-CS (PCI-E]

Saw GT 710 2GB RAM, it costs me around 45$. I am from India so most of the GPU you suggest might not be available. My Budget is around 100-120$
Firstly check with your friends and relatives, they might've have upgraded during the pandemic and have something collecting dusts. If might be willing to give you it for cheap if not even free.

Other than that a possible If the used or second hand market is not bad there it might be worth shopping around locally to see what's there.

In addition to possibly scoring what you need if not better, you will keep yet another graphic card off the landfill/going into the compactor for burning.

In short don't buy a new component unless absolutely necessary for you and the planet.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
For that budget, it's going to be very hard unless you are able to get a secondhand GPU on the market.

Also, the Indian PC hardware market is so not cheap, They are double the cost if you were in the US. GT 710 is not cheap from what I looked at. I can get it low as under $30

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I don't recommend having a second hand GPU unless you really know the buyer and you have a way to somehow claim some warranty if the product is faulty.

You might wanna buy some APUs too, maybe upgrade your motherboard and having stuff like ryzen 5 3400g
or i5 k edition is a good way to wait for a gpu.

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
I don't recommend having a second hand GPU unless you really know the buyer and you have a way to somehow claim some warranty if the product is faulty.
That goes for anything really, even if I am looking for a decommissioned "simple" box fan I am gonna make sure I get it from a reputable person/thrift store.

Just look, feel and smell around you. Does it seems like they are up keeping the place or just leaving shiz to rot?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
LOL i am so confused now. Let me hold on to my broken 1050 GPU and wait for the right time to get a new one or borrow one from my friend.
Thing is that the market is so fragile now and buying integrated graphics CPU may be a better investment for the future.. it depends on what products are available in your area after all..

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
Thing is that the market is so fragile now
Still they should have no problems getting a decent Graphics Card if their used market is decent.

As we mentioned to you though @Jason just don't grab one off the streets though. A person regularly attending a second hand market, a reputable used market business and so forth are safer options.

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
can you even repair 1050? if it's the fans then easy to get it replaced. As long as the GPU chip and board is still in good condition.
Actually... If you got a spare toaster oven collecting dusts it might do it favor, Linus did it and got a 1060Ti operational again I believe?

Obviously once fired the oven can't be used again for food preparation/cooking.

Just look up your card for the steps, temps and such.

The "theory" behind this is soldering becomes "loose" and reheating it might "restore" it to former glory if done CORRECTLY.

Jason

Troubleshooter
Reaction score
Website
webmasterchill.com
Hubux
$218
Winbux
$0.00
can you even repair 1050? if it's the fans then easy to get it replaced. As long as the GPU chip and board is still in good condition.

I don't know if the fan is the really issue, nothing fires up when it gets connected to board.

@FriendlyPerson Sadly there is no oven which is unused, i need to buy a heat gun and try this out.

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
@FriendlyPerson Sadly there is no oven which is unused, i need to buy a heat gun and try this out.
You might be able to find that or a toaster oven at your local thrift and/or second hard stores if any are in you area. Since it's history doesn't matters for such purposes as it is for cooking foods or heating stuffs up.