Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Chromecast

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Does anyone else use a Chromecast with their TV? What do you like to use it for?

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,466
Winbux
$0.00
Never heard of it. What does a Chromecast do?
I have it built into my TV, but it’s a feature where you can screen share content off of your computer, phone, or tablet onto your TV screen. So you can load YouTube or Netflix on your phone, press the icon, and it’s shown on your TV. There are stand alone devices you can buy to enable the feature on your TV, but I think those also function like any other streaming box with the added feature of the “casting”. I could be wrong as I don’t own one.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I have it built into my TV, but it’s a feature where you can screen share content off of your computer, phone, or tablet onto your TV screen. So you can load YouTube or Netflix on your phone, press the icon, and it’s shown on your TV. There are stand alone devices you can buy to enable the feature on your TV, but I think those also function like any other streaming box with the added feature of the “casting”. I could be wrong as I don’t own one.
Thank you or this information. I have a Roku device right now. Do you think Chromecast is the better choice?

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,466
Winbux
$0.00
Thank you or this information. I have a Roku device right now. Do you think Chromecast is the better choice?
I’ve never used a Roku before, so I couldn’t tell you with full confidence, but the Chromecast for my TV can be spotty. Sometimes it works seamlessly, other times I have to close and restart the app on my phone more than once to get it to work.

I have an Apple TV in the living room, and a Firestick in my bedroom, and I’ve used both of those more than my Chromecast due to reliability.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
What Grungie said basically @Kylie. I have it as a standalone device instead of it being built into my TV and I just use it to cast certain sports streaming sites onto my TV. I don't really use it for anything else since my TV has apps like Netflix and YouTube already.