Colours

• It's time for the first DH auction! Gather around and bid for the chance to have your very own emoji added to the forum. Click here for more information.

Ash

Founder | Technical Admin
Administrator
Hubux
1,417¢
Winbux
How do you pick colours for your designs? Do you usually go for your favourite colours or the ones that are somewhat popular/well-used?

For me, I tend to stick to my favourite colours which tend to include a dark blue (as you can see here on DH).

Empire

Kicking
Emerald Member
Hubux
3,754¢
Colours that suit whatever is being made. At times your favourite colours might not go well with the background

Demon_skeith

Full Time Hubber
Hubux
1,111¢
Trial and error, just kind of keep picking between them till you get something satisfying.

Laifot

Viaggio Astrale
Sparkly Pink Laifot
Emerald Member
Hubux
1,411¢
There are some patterns to follow while trying not to leave your audience blind because of your combination lol

annoying colours also means a forever NO to a site.

apathy

Must like it here...
I used to sit down and create color schemes myself but honestly you can spend so much time on this that I felt it was better to just change my approach. Now, I'll find wallpapers that have a cracking color scheme and I'll extract the most occuring colors using a tool like PyWal.
If I want something easier than that, or I've not found good wallpapers in a while, then a site like Colourlovers usually won't let you down.

Nova

Making themselves at home
Hubux
92¢
I am making use of the Color strips or you can say palettes out there on the internet. I see a lot of flat UI colors that are being used as well.

Lämmchen

Making themselves at home
Hubux
156¢
I try to pick colors that might relate to the theme of the design. If I'm designing something for a lawyer I wouldn't use bright neon colors so it has to relate and I would choose something like burgundy or navy along with tans.

For my crafter craze forum I wanted something fun and the colors of the site kind of reflect that (I hope).

Members online

No members online now.

Status Updates

my road to 10k badge is missing :( @Ash
Congrats to @Ash on his Chelsea team making to the finals UCL this season!
Ash
Rewards for TPOM April will be delayed due to some changes. More info soon ;)!
Hey @Ash i can't see the discussions in both groups.. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThemeHouseDev