Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Colours

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
How do you pick colours for your designs? Do you usually go for your favourite colours or the ones that are somewhat popular/well-used?

For me, I tend to stick to my favourite colours which tend to include a dark blue (as you can see here on DH).

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
There are some patterns to follow while trying not to leave your audience blind because of your combination lol

annoying colours also means a forever NO to a site.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I used to sit down and create color schemes myself but honestly you can spend so much time on this that I felt it was better to just change my approach. Now, I'll find wallpapers that have a cracking color scheme and I'll extract the most occuring colors using a tool like PyWal.
If I want something easier than that, or I've not found good wallpapers in a while, then a site like Colourlovers usually won't let you down.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I am making use of the Color strips or you can say palettes out there on the internet. I see a lot of flat UI colors that are being used as well.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I try to pick colors that might relate to the theme of the design. If I'm designing something for a lawyer I wouldn't use bright neon colors so it has to relate and I would choose something like burgundy or navy along with tans.

For my crafter craze forum I wanted something fun and the colors of the site kind of reflect that (I hope).