Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Copyright Removal

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
One of the main things that XF theme and addon developers love is to make copyright removal an extra purchase. This usually isn't cheap either so most forum owners tend to just keep it on their forums.

Do you ever pay extra to have the copyright message removed?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
One of the main things that XF theme and addon developers love is to make copyright removal an extra purchase. This usually isn't cheap either so most forum owners tend to just keep it on their forums.

Do you ever pay extra to have the copyright message removed?
Yes. I feel having my site be clear of that helps give a professional feel.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
All themes come with it, even on BAyside all the themes that I got have copyright information. The theme is $30 and yet copyright removal is $50, not much.

Does not bother me anyway, I mean even the members don't care, I mean who looks at the footer anyway. Yes, makers it cleaner but that's allot of money to make it that little clean.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Oh yeah, it doesn't bother me too much but it's always nice to have a clean footer without all the different copyright messages and links. There's no way in hell I'm paying the same or a higher price than the add-on to get rid of them

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I haven't bothered working on my footer just yet, I can't imagine I'll ever have all the brandings removed but some of them might be cheap enough, or the addon itself might be simple enough where I could make my own version with no branding

I think the prices of the branding removal is often a bit ridiculous, yeah. I charge €10 to get rid of mine, and I dont see me ever rising the price in the future. Perhaps for larger addons I won't do infinite update licenses, but branding is literally just text, its not difficult to add or remove so I don't see how many of these authors can justify the €50 price...

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I haven't bothered working on my footer just yet, I can't imagine I'll ever have all the brandings removed but some of them might be cheap enough, or the addon itself might be simple enough where I could make my own version with no branding

I think the prices of the branding removal is often a bit ridiculous, yeah. I charge €10 to get rid of mine, and I dont see me ever rising the price in the future. Perhaps for larger addons I won't do infinite update licenses, but branding is literally just text, its not difficult to add or remove so I don't see how many of these authors can justify the €50 price...
Your price for copyright removal is extremely reasonable. But yeah, the developers that are charging upwards of $50+ for copyright removal are just taking the piss really. There's no way to justify that much of a price when their addon either costs the same or less!