Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Cure for cancer?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
If you came up with the cure for cancer, would you sell it for millions or would you give it away for free?
I wouldn't sell the rights, i'd say that with every vaccine or whatever, i or my fam would get some.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
I wouldn't sell the rights, i'd say that with every vaccine or whatever, i or my fam would get some.

Come to think of it, you'd have to sell it on the black market for a very steep price or do an under the table cash deal with a desperate pharmaceutical company. I believe the authorities would just arrest you and mark it up to be an unknown narcotic and stick it in evidence while the judge sends you to court over an illegal drug charge.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Come to think of it, you'd have to sell it on the black market for a very steep price or do an under the table cash deal with a desperate pharmaceutical company. I believe the authorities would just arrest you and mark it up to be an unknown narcotic and stick it in evidence while the judge sends you to court over an illegal drug charge.
This is a very paranoid scene but possible, i haven't thought it that deeply but that's something def the US government would do lol

Unless you work at a secret lab and have it all documented and proven and "supervised" by the feds or whatever you won't get credited at all.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Would have to depend on the type of cancer. Cancer is not a single entity but a category of many diseases with different underlying etiologies, and consequently, different targets for treatment. Even within any one organ system, like "lung cancer" there are many kinds of common and rare cancers that have little in common at the cellular and molecular level. Cancer research is mostly not focused on a singular "cure for cancer," but rather on very specific targets focused on specific forms of cancer. Treatments for all cancers with the "curative" effectiveness paralleling that of antibiotics for infections are very distant.

Zuby

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$979
Winbux
$0.00
If you came up with the cure for cancer, would you sell it for millions or would you give it away for free?
I wouldn't sell it to the poor because they wouldn't have the money to afford it.

The government should find a way to make such treatment free of charge for the poor masses!

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
I still need to sell it at a lower price. Perhaps a break-even way, so that I can show my compassion. Whatever the money earned, it will still be used for reproducing them.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
Government can do best in this behalf but you need to have a good government that likes to help its citizens and it should be free