Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Cyberpunk 2077

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Ooh boy most of you are probably already aware of how glitched this game is. I know many gamers were looking forward to playing it, and it's been delayed countless times. (Reminds me of Mighty No. 9 all over again...) For the first time Sony actually removed the game from the Playstation Store, and offered refunds for digital copies. Also funny enough the game is already on sale, but after all this who's going to buy it? I honestly wasn't into the game to begin with so I'm not even disappointed. I find this whole thing to be amusing at most, but then I also feel bad for those who bought it and were looking forward to playing the game. For those who have it here, what are your opinions on the game? I've heard it runs fine on the Xbox Series X and PS5.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Yep, Sony said it all yesterday and also hard that the story or the main story isn't as long as what most was expecting. one of my mates has completed it in 7 hours. It's the side missions that keep things going on this game. People are getting 15fps or less on there PS4 WOW

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I'm a bit saddened by this games massive shortcomings, but at the same time I feel like I've had plenty of time to prepare for it. Each piece of news I've heard about the game over the last year/year & a half has just let me down more and more, to the point I went from being a day 1 buyer to "I'll only buy it day 1 if it works through Proton on Linux".
It did, so I bought it, and admittedly in the 10 minutes or so I played I didn't really encounter any of the typical bugs people were reporting like T-Posing etc. I think it is mainly the last-gen consoles having the issues.

I did encounter a very bizarre ghosting/smudging effect but I think that might have been Linux related, because I've never heard anyone else mention it.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I'm a bit saddened by this games massive shortcomings, but at the same time I feel like I've had plenty of time to prepare for it. Each piece of news I've heard about the game over the last year/year & a half has just let me down more and more, to the point I went from being a day 1 buyer to "I'll only buy it day 1 if it works through Proton on Linux".
It did, so I bought it, and admittedly in the 10 minutes or so I played I didn't really encounter any of the typical bugs people were reporting like T-Posing etc. I think it is mainly the last-gen consoles having the issues.

I did encounter a very bizarre ghosting/smudging effect but I think that might have been Linux related, because I've never heard anyone else mention it.

Are you sure it's not something from your GPU?

On the game, it looks pretty cool but it's not something i'd kill for, it reminds me to Fallout and it's not what i look for tbh.

The GPU designs with this game as the themes are sick though! i might try getting a rtx 3080ti with it.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Yeah the PC release of the game seems to run smoothly from what I've heard, that is if you got a decent set up of course. :p Crazy to think the game has been in production since 2012 though, I suppose even a delayed game can have it's faults. I'm sure with patches in time the game will run decent enough on older hardware.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Are you sure it's not something from your GPU?

On the game, it looks pretty cool but it's not something i'd kill for, it reminds me to Fallout and it's not what i look for tbh.

The GPU designs with this game as the themes are sick though! i might try getting a rtx 3080ti with it.
Don't think there's anything wrong with the card itself (watercooled RVII and playing with ray-tracing off) but to be honest you could be right, I wouldn't be surprised to hear Vega drivers are wonky with Cyberpunk.

I initially thought it would be the fact you need a staging branch of Mesa to run the game, but if it really was Vega drivers that would explain why I've not heard many people mention it. Still not really looked into it as I have other things to play :p

I did get a kind of Fallout vibe with the graphics too. Looks great in the neon lights and such but I dont think it would look as good in other parts of the map.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Brother bought me the game for Christmas and after taking half the day to install on my slow internet connection speed, I finally started playing it. Within five to ten minutes I noticed that the NPCs would disappear or glitch through elevator doors. Not to mention when the NPC would drive away, the car looked like one of those older games where it would make square turns. I didn't get much playing in yet so I'll try to keep an eye out for other bugs and glitches that I see.

I have heard that the PC version has little to no glitches though.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Yes, PC game version is far less bugged then other platforms. Then again had three bug patches so far for the PC version. Seems they are spending more time fixing on PC than others at this point of time. but even then not perfect.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Well, they're probably trying to fix the easy patches that are on the PC before doing a massive rebuild/patch for the console versions. I wouldn't be surprised to log in one day and have 40-50 GB update pending.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
That flew under the radar then, because I saw nothing about them saying its unfinished. Which if so CDPR could really have covered themselves better by saying this is like a beta or something.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Brother bought me the game for Christmas and after taking half the day to install on my slow internet connection speed, I finally started playing it. Within five to ten minutes I noticed that the NPCs would disappear or glitch through elevator doors. Not to mention when the NPC would drive away, the car looked like one of those older games where it would make square turns. I didn't get much playing in yet so I'll try to keep an eye out for other bugs and glitches that I see.

The driving bit was something I was very surprised to hear about on Reddit as well. Apparently the game does not have driving AI which means the cars basically have a sort of rails system. It's crazy to me that a game like GTA 3 has better AI than Cyberpunk

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Yeah, it was crazy to watch it the first time I saw it myself. The car did a whole 90 degree turn to exit the parking garage. I could only stare dumbfounded when so many of the other things about the game are beautiful. The customization itself of your character pushes so many boundaries and allows so many options. It was wonderful.