Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Sticky Daily Diary/Rant Megathread

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I'm so tired of being sick. It seriously needs to stop. I've been to the urgent care three times, been put on two different sets of meds and nothing seems to be helping. I'm on day three of my new antibiotics and am still hacking up/throwing up mucus. I'm going to be on my fifth and a half day off from work tomorrow. I tried going to work Tuesday; but, I ended up throwing up a bunch of mucus and my coworkers sent me home because I looked and sounded sick.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
The other day, I was on my way home from work and I stopped to get something to eat for me and my hubby. I was in the parking lot, waiting me turn to pull out onto the street when the traffic was clear enough for me to do so. While I'm sitting there waiting, I guy walks down the sidewalk and glances up at me and says, "What's up B****!". They said it to me twice as he passed by my car. I did nothing to him so I was left puzzled by the interaction.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Yesterday I ran some errands, got a haircut and saw Wrath of Man in the theater. On the way home, I stopped to get groceries and was nearly run over by the people trying to do last minute shopping to find flowers or other gifts for Mother's Day. The cashier was ringing up my groceries and I turned around to pay and the guy behind me, purchasing only flowers, was standing near the till and I wanted to go off on the guy. I'm trying to buy groceries, food, drinks, etc, not gifts and I hadn't even paid yet.
Post automatically merged:

Time for another one of my long-winded rants. This one will have two parts.

Part One: Family Sucks

We all know how annoying family can be at times and how most of the time, we tolerate the little nuances because at the end of the day, they're family. You can hope to rely on them when times get tough or you're going through a rough patch.

Enter my dad and his father, a retired Vietnam veteran, who is suffering from Parkinson's disease, dementia and a whole other slew of mental and physical ailments.

The logical deduction would be that my father is going to do whatever he can to go take care of his daddy, because that's what children do in a majority of cultures. The young take care of the elderly when they can no longer take care of themselves.

Well, my sister-in-law proceeds to get upset and offended that how dare my father retire and move to Tennessee to take care of said parent. How dare he move so far away from them and his granddaughters. Naturally, my dad was hurt by the comment. Who wouldn't be? Me? I was f*cking furious. They have been on a small ledge for a while now and she just up and went and leaped off the ledge into the abyss of I no longer give a fuck about you. I will continue to care about my nieces. Their parents though? They can forget me ever talking to them.

Second part of family sucks. I call my mom earlier this week and she proceeds to ask, before anything else, what are you getting your niece for her birthday and and when are you sending it? First, I tell her the truth, I have no idea. I'm going to wait to get paid and then pay my bills, because they trump any gift for a birthday of a niece. Second, I'm fuming but no better than to vent to her about it because she will guilt-trip me emotionally because she knows she can. I was upset because she didn't ask about the upcoming vacation I've been waiting and planning for a year for, am I excited to see family and friends and be back home or any other number of questions a normal parent would ask their child when they're coming home to visit and spend time locally.

Nope, I clearly know where her priorities lay and I am sick of it. I am her child first. I should supersede her grandchildren. Yes, I care about them. But they live 30 minutes away, tops, and she can see them whenever she wants and usually does because their parents love to leave them with her to watch for the day so they can get a break.

Part Two: Why even date?

I tried to explain this situation to a co-worker and I'll do my best to do so here so everyone understands (those of you who want to read it anyway) what happened and why I did what I did.

So, I matched with this girl who lives locally, the very same city as me. A rare thing indeed. She makes it known about two weeks ago from this week, that she has a child and is wary of meeting people online. I file the information away, okay with it at the time, and move on. We message back and forth for a week or so and then this past Monday, after the holiday. I message her and ask her about the holiday weekend, which was also her child's birthday apparently. She tells me that everything was fine and I say great, ask her about her upcoming weekend and she informs me that it will be like normal. Great, I say, want to get together this weekend? She proceeds to tell me again that she is leery about meeting people online. I say awesome; but, I'm not going to wait forever and that it's not fair to either of us that she drag me along. She says fine, I guess we won't meet because her child will always come first and blah blah blah. I said fair enough, I respect that and wish her luck.

Afterward, I was furious. I was venting that it was absolutely ludicrous that you're on an online dating app when you're so leery about meeting people online. How are you supposed to know whether or not you're going to mesh well with someone? You can only learn so much through messaging. I, personally, need that physical interaction to judge that fifth sense I get that tells me whether or not there's even something there worth investing in.

Last edited:

Dfarmer2001

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Website
postingbay.com
Hubux
$1,332
Winbux
$0.00
Pull The Pin and Chuck It
Well, it's nothing particular that has happened to me, but I will say, I am fed up with the United States government. The current "administration", if that's what you call them, does not put the American people first and only wants to widen their pockets. I'm not sure our country will make it another two years with the jokes in the office. Hopefully, some type of miracle will happen and we start fresh lol.

Jay™

Former Community Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Website
chatbanter.com
Hubux
$2,400
Winbux
$1.00
Have you read the latest on Trump and the FBI raiding his house? I'm sure he has been in the news every day all summer.
They now claim he is the most interesting man on the planet.

Donald Trump Idk GIF

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,342
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
We thought everything was okay after the bad rains we had last week, and we even checked the basement, but today we saw that one of the ceiling tiles was soaked! We're trying to figure out how water got there since the surrounding area is bone dry. Weird. Hoping it was a once in a lifetime thing. I'm caulking outside by that point in the spring once I can, just to be safe.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I'm tired of having such a stupid hot weather. You get sunburned after 5 minutes outside.. i'm always tired after doing just a normal groceries buying errand..

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$1,228
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
We thought everything was okay after the bad rains we had last week, and we even checked the basement, but today we saw that one of the ceiling tiles was soaked! We're trying to figure out how water got there since the surrounding area is bone dry. Weird. Hoping it was a once in a lifetime thing. I'm caulking outside by that point in the spring once I can, just to be safe.

Did you verify that it's a roof leak?

I'm tired of having such a stupid hot weather. You get sunburned after 5 minutes outside.. i'm always tired after doing just a normal groceries buying errand..

Have you lived in Paraguay all your life?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel

Yeah, 95%. I was born in Italy, and lived there until i turned 3. Then i got back in 2011 and lived for a year or so and then i moved back. I plan to go to Argentina at some point though.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,342
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday

No idea how to verify that now with snow all over. I think we have to wait for another hard rain to try to detect where the water came in at. It's located at the basement drop down ceiling and we have those tiles, so we didn't know it had happened until I saw the discoloration. We have it all opened up now and removed the insulation that got wet and there is no water anywhere. So it's not a waterline leak.

bestwriter

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Website
grouie.blogspot.com
Hubux
$176
Winbux
$3.00
Had an issue yesterday Our gardener goes home but keeps one of the water taps open. The whole tank got empty. Luckily we had stored some water.