Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Deluded about Love?

Naiwen

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
disneylandlove.proboards.com
Hubux
$3,764
Winbux
$0.00
The romantic kind only. I'm thinking that it exists only in movies, TV shows, games, books and songs, not in real life for me personally at least anyways. I've been in 2 past very toxic relationship, having no idea what a healthy one should be like, but I'm pretty deluded about romantic love on whole myself and suffer from psychosis, paranoia and PTSD from it. Now, I don't believe in any soul mate, other half and etc thingy at all myself. I'm quite happy enough on my own without anyone else jeopardizing my life. That's my personal stance on it though from very own personal experiences in life with it,, don't take it personal.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
The romantic kind only. I'm thinking that it exists only in movies, TV shows, games, books and songs, not in real life for me personally at least anyways.

What romantic films are you referring to when it comes down to it being deluded or not existing?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not completely disagreeing. I think romance can be for the other person's amusement and I don't want to be someone's amusement or their entertainment. I think some romantic movies really do lay it on thick and some of it if not all of it is not realistic to me.

I've been in 2 past very toxic relationship, having no idea what a healthy one should be like, but I'm pretty deluded about romantic love on whole myself and suffer from psychosis, paranoia and PTSD from it.

I've been in many toxic relationships. There's a lot of selfish people out there who will always look out for number 1, themselves. I do know for a fact that romantic men exist. Some of them are sociopathic. I am one of many men who is not romantic. I didn't do a lot of "romantic" things my ex wife wanted me to do. Like line the hallway with red candles and rose pedals all the way to the bedroom or buy her flowers and a card to surprise her with. I don't do that for most women I'm with let alone. IT's not who I am. Like you, I feel that's probably a bit dramatic and I'm not with that person for their amusement or entertainment. I believe that what I have with the girl I'm with is real.

Now, I don't believe in any soul mate, other half and etc thingy at all myself. I'm quite happy enough on my own without anyone else jeopardizing my life. That's my personal stance on it though from very own personal experiences in life with it,, don't take it personal.

And that's perfectly okay. A lot of people choose to be alone because of their own reasons and to them that is good enough. I'm just one of many who refuses to be alone.

It's better to be alone than to have a domestically abusive partner or someone that's just has a toxic personality and they take advantage of you.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I do know for a fact that romantic men exist. Some of them are sociopathic.
This sums about it all. Everything comes with pro/cons.

Everyone loves different, personally i'm too romantic and sometimes i'm the opposite. I express my love with food i guess, i cook for my significant other :)

Naiwen

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
disneylandlove.proboards.com
Hubux
$3,764
Winbux
$0.00
What romantic films are you referring to when it comes down to it being deluded or not existing?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not completely disagreeing. I think romance can be for the other person's amusement and I don't want to be someone's amusement or their entertainment. I think some romantic movies really do lay it on thick and some of it if not all of it is not realistic to me.

I've been in many toxic relationships. There's a lot of selfish people out there who will always look out for number 1, themselves. I do know for a fact that romantic men exist. Some of them are sociopathic. I am one of many men who is not romantic. I didn't do a lot of "romantic" things my ex wife wanted me to do. Like line the hallway with red candles and rose pedals all the way to the bedroom or buy her flowers and a card to surprise her with. I don't do that for most women I'm with let alone. IT's not who I am. Like you, I feel that's probably a bit dramatic and I'm not with that person for their amusement or entertainment. I believe that what I have with the girl I'm with is real.

And that's perfectly okay. A lot of people choose to be alone because of their own reasons and to them that is good enough. I'm just one of many who refuses to be alone.

It's better to be alone than to have a domestically abusive partner or someone that's just has a toxic personality and they take advantage of you.
Like you know those Hallmark Cinderella romance movies about princes and princesses falling for a female/male American commoner.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Like you know those Hallmark Cinderella romance movies about princes and princesses falling for a female/male American commoner.

Well. This is the best romance scene I have watched. It's funny and it mocks those fake romance movies.