Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Denmark’s Christian Eriksen

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
"Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen collapsed to the field late in the first half of his team’s game against Finland at Euro 2020 on Saturday, a frightening moment that played out before a stadium filled with fans and broadcast to a live global television audience."

Full article

I wish him a full recovery, but the match really shouldn't have resumed. Denmark's national team were not in the right mental state after what happened.

Your thoughts?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
My thoughts are Uefa should of suspended play until at least the following day, if not longer.
They did.

Terribly tragic. Horrible, horrible to watch and his wife was in such distress in the video I saw. I applaud his teammates for going above and beyond to shield him in his moment of weakness by shielding him from the press and fans. Hopefully he recovers and is back on the pitch after a good recovery!

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Thankfully I wasn't watching the match nor the events as they unfolded, but I did see the clip of him collapsing to the ground. Scary stuff, and I can't begin to imagine how his teammates and his wife must have felt at that moment in time.

My understanding is that the Denmark players wished to see out the remainder of the match later that same evening, but it sounds like there may have been a bit of added pressure from UEFA or something in order for that to happen? Either way, the result stands and hopefully they can use what has happened to spur them on in their upcoming matches.

Hopefully Eriksen also gets some answers about what actually happened to him, why, and whether or not he is likely to play again.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Thankfully I wasn't watching the match nor the events as they unfolded, but I did see the clip of him collapsing to the ground. Scary stuff, and I can't begin to imagine how his teammates and his wife must have felt at that moment in time.

My understanding is that the Denmark players wished to see out the remainder of the match later that same evening, but it sounds like there may have been a bit of added pressure from UEFA or something in order for that to happen? Either way, the result stands and hopefully they can use what has happened to spur them on in their upcoming matches.

Hopefully Eriksen also gets some answers about what actually happened to him, why, and whether or not he is likely to play again.
My guess as a non-medical professional is that he got too hot or exerted himself too much and his body just gave out on him. Unless he has a family history of blood pressure problems?

Lee

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,040
Winbux
$0.00
They did.

Terribly tragic. Horrible, horrible to watch and his wife was in such distress in the video I saw. I applaud his teammates for going above and beyond to shield him in his moment of weakness by shielding him from the press and fans. Hopefully he recovers and is back on the pitch after a good recovery!
No they didn't. I said they should of suspended play until the following day. They didn't do that, the game was played out hours later.

Regardless of the players decision somebody should of realised that was a terrible idea and stepped in.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
No they didn't. I said they should of suspended play until the following day. They didn't do that, the game was played out hours later.

Regardless of the players decision somebody should of realised that was a terrible idea and stepped in.
They were given two choices: play that night or at noon the next day. They should have delayed the game for several days; but, unfortunately the broadcasting rights and scheduling comes first.

Lee

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,040
Winbux
$0.00
They were given two choices: play that night or at noon the next day. They should have delayed the game for several days; but, unfortunately the broadcasting rights and scheduling comes first.
Which is absolutely wrong. People should always come first.,

Uefa showing their true colours yet again.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Which is absolutely wrong. People should always come first.,

Uefa showing their true colours yet again.
I won't argue with you on that. The networks could argue that they pay large sums for the rights to broadcast the particular leagues and tourneys that they have to plan to market or advertise the day of each match, etc, etc

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It was such a unique situation and such a serious incident that they really should have allowed the game to be delayed by a few days. Forcing them to choose between playing on the same day or the next day was not great.

I'm glad that he is alright because it was awful to watch and even scarier awaiting the news to find out if he was alright or not.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
It was such a unique situation and such a serious incident that they really should have allowed the game to be delayed by a few days. Forcing them to choose between playing on the same day or the next day was not great.

I'm glad that he is alright because it was awful to watch and even scarier awaiting the news to find out if he was alright or not.
Did you see the tribute that Belgium and the fans of Denmark did?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
At least he's getting better but i doubt he'll ever get to play pro ever again.

I never really followed his career but i heard good things from him while he was playing in the italian league.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
At least he's getting better but i doubt he'll ever get to play pro ever again.

I never really followed his career but i heard good things from him while he was playing in the italian league.
He was a huge influence in the midfield for Tottenham and Ajax. Man has represented some really top-end clubs. Watching highlights of his game where he collapsed, it was clear he was pivotal to Denmark's offense on moving the ball up the center of the field and playing it in front of the goal.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Update on his condition: Due to the ICD, I don't think he'll play again:

Christian Eriksen has been discharged from hospital after a "successful" operation to fit a heart-starting device.

Full article

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Update on his condition: Due to the ICD, I don't think he'll play again:

Christian Eriksen has been discharged from hospital after a "successful" operation to fit a heart-starting device.

Full article

It's not been confirmed or denied entirely whether he will be able to play again or not yet.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
It's not been confirmed or denied entirely whether he will be able to play again or not yet.
Agreed and that's why I wrote "I don't think he'll play again." Only time will tell.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Life it's very short and situations like this happen in moments that we never expect, I wait for their complete recovery and see him back playing in his team again. UEFA need to stop playing games with these men's lives and reduce the amount of games. It's been way too much. These things need consideration.