Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Desktop VS Laptop

Jay™

Former Community Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Website
chatbanter.com
Hubux
$2,400
Winbux
$1.00
What do you all use for your daily browsing? I use a laptop for work purpose while travelling but i will always go back to the PC in the evenings as i find the PC much better to use.

I know many of use use tablets and phones however i would like to see how many use the Pc VS the laptop.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
A famous subject of all time is Desktops Vs Laptops.

As someone who has used a desktop and Chromebook to any Laptops at one point and a single gaming laptop at another, here are some pros and cons to consider:
  1. Desktops are upgradeable piece by piece, and if one part dies you can just replace it. If one part dies on a laptop, you often have to replace the whole system.
  2. Gaming laptops tend to make a lot of fan noise compared to desktops.
  3. Having a cheap laptop and a desktop is nice because if one dies, gets stolen or needs troubleshooting, you can still be on the other.
  4. Gaming laptops typically have worse battery life than other laptops.

Then again 100 points and I can't go on :p

- I have a Desktop for gaming and streaming, I have an Laptop for everyday use and as another screen system option as I'm gaming.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
We have both a Desktop and laptops. I tend to use my Macbook Pro for 95% of my everyday personal computer usage. It's just more convenient than going into the computer room!

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,985
Winbux
$0.00
I honestly prefer the Desktop. My husband uses the Laptop for his own use but he doesn’t get on the computer too much. What’s to like? The Desktop has a bigger screen, it’s on a desk (lol) so it’s easier on the body where you aren’t just slouching on the couch or bed. I can’t imagine using that small keyboard to type. I use an ergonimical keyboard & mouse otherwise my wrists will be hurting.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
During the day, at the moment I'm using a work's laptop.. ? I don't really like it though, the 14" screen feels a good bit smaller than I'm used to.

In the evening, I'll be on my desktop. The specs are much better than my own laptop, and it's much comfier to use.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Desktop. Desktops are much cheaper to upgrade and even cheaper to replace irreparable components, and you can probably do it yourself, while it's quite a pain to do the same with a laptop. Also, most laptops have heating issues, while most desktops don't. Finally, for same specs, desktops are also cheaper to buy.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Desktop. Desktops are much cheaper to upgrade and even cheaper to replace irreparable components, and you can probably do it yourself, while it's quite a pain to do the same with a laptop. Also, most laptops have heating issues, while most desktops don't. Finally, for same specs, desktops are also cheaper to buy.
Aren't for GPUs at the moment to replace. If that goes, that's over $1000 to replace LOL

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Aren't for GPUs at the moment to replace. If that goes, that's over $1000 to replace LOL
Depends on where you're buying a replacement from. You can find them much cheaper by shopping around.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Laptop all the way for me. I prefer it over a laptop because it allows me to use it anywhere. I use my personal laptop a lot for different things. My work device is also a laptop since I'm working from home at the moment.

StormyFire

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$616
Winbux
$0.00
I prefer desktops for most things, but it is nice to have the versatility of a laptop when you want to be more comfortable. Desktops are just far more powerful for many things, though.