Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you believe in perma ban?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
When it comes to members and not spam bots. Do you believe permanently banning someone is the answer? If yes, why is it justified and does this mean that you don't believe people can change?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
When it comes to members and not spam bots. Do you believe permanently banning someone is the answer? If yes, why is it justified and does this mean that you don't believe people can change?

Some people are emotionally unstable and that's something you "can't change" in a short period of time, i do believe that it could be a possibility but not quite sure.

This decision is only made over people that literally goes crazy over your site and members.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I'm glad in a way that I get more bots that get banned automatically than a real person. With a real person, you tend to have a butt pain with them, and end of the day you always start off with warning them or giving them points, and then the last option ban for life.

On my site, I have an 8 point rules system and once they get all 8 points they are ban for life. Like posting naked images is permanently ban, spamming can be one to two points, depending on the outcome. if three or 4 points they get 24 hours ban, then 4 to max of 8 they get longer ban days then over 8 points permanently ban

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
It depends on the person in question. You have to look at each individual person. Some people can change and become a better person once they've aged a couple of years and have matured. Other people never grow up or mature, they think other people are always the problem.

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
Seems like a lifetime ban is a bit of an over-reaction. Murder gets life, a serious assault you're out of prison in 10 years. Piss someone off on the internet and get banned for life...

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Seems like a lifetime ban is a bit of an over-reaction. Murder gets life, a serious assault you're out of prison in 10 years. Piss someone off on the internet and get banned for life...

Nice analogy lol, but it's not like you're in jail, just got kicked from a forum :p

It's up to the owner tbh.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
For bots, instantly. For spammers, I like for it to not come to that, but if I can't talk someone out of bad behavior, and temp bans don't do it, yea.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It's something that I try to avoid especially for smaller problems. I think giving them a chance is fine for certain issues especially on a somewhat relaxed environment like we have here at DH. But certain users definitely deserve a perma ban.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Honestly the only time I perma banned someone is because they uninstalled my themes and added unrelated themes to my forum. If I ever get members harassing other people and they continue to do so even after being suspended, I'd probably have to perma ban them for good too.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,342
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
There are some very unstable people out there, and for the protection of my community, a permaban is absolutely necessary. I had a guy who thought he was God on Christianity Haven and he threatened me. I don't need that guy on my forum. He was an alcoholic who had delusions and wasn't going to recover.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$1,228
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
I believe a permanent ban is needed at times. I'd like to have an open mind and believe that people can change, but following that philosophy has blown up in my face quite a few times. You have to take it on a case by case basis. All depends on the individual.

Grungie

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,451
Winbux
$0.00
I’ve done it for repeat offenders. Some people won’t get, or don’t want to get that you can’t ignore the rules.

I did permaban some users because I pissed off one guy on another forum. He signed up on my site to start a fight, and he brought a posse with him. So I ended up just permabanning all of them.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,217
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
It's not too often I have to perma ban someone but I have needed to do it in the past to some who have not been spam bots.

Some things can not be tolerated within an online forum such as bullying, threatening behaviour and harassment. Those are times when I feel especially when they are really severe that it should be a perma ban.