Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do You Believe In Revenge?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$691
Winbux
$0.00
Do you believe in getting even with someone who wronged you? Why or why not?

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Not particularly.. I'm more of a believer in what goes around comes around, even though it has proved not to be the case on multiple occasions. I just don't really see the point in wasting energy to "get even".

Life isn't fair - the sooner you learn to live with it, the better.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I believe in revenge only if there is a larger motive. What I mean by that is when there is another (positive and beneficial) reason for it, other than purely for the benefit of your own satisfaction.

For example, if you seek revenge on somebody for stealing your PCs. By carrying out your plan to catch the guy and have him thrown in jail, you are not only fulfilling your own desire to see him punished for the crime he committed against your own PC, but you are ensuring he can’t do it to any other people. in a scenario like that, revenge is justified and I believe in it. I believe in revenge if it prevents more harm from occurring.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$430
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I only believe in sports Revenges, i've been damaged a lot in the recent years but i never had one myself and most of them are paying what they did now without me doing particullary anything.

That makes me feel comfy as hell lol

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I believe in karma. Revenge is too much effort lol. But when that karma does come around, I have no problem sitting back like a leonardo dicaprio raising a glass to the superior one!

Leonardo Di Caprio Movie GIF by Sony

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
No, I believe you will pay for what you did eventually. I believe God will have the last laugh in the end. So, even if you can fool everyone else around you, God sees all and you will pay for it at some point. You can't out run him.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
No! Trying to get revenge when you are wronged, doesn’t make you feel that much better in the end. Sometimes it can cause more problems and harm toward you.

It’s best to walk away and move on. Continue to keep your character and be the wonderful person that you are. It’s not worth getting even and destroy who you are!

The person that has wronged you usually pays for it in some other way. Sometimes, later on, the other person regrets what they have done. If they don’t, at least, you were the better person and let it go!

Getting revenge isn’t something you should devote your time to doing. There are better ways to release your pain and anger. It’s best to move on with your life and learn from the experience!

D

Deleted member 268

nope

no point trying to live in the past and mulling over stuff that happened years ago, just move on and be a better person. Forget about those that aren't worth it.