Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you keep your desktop clear?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I usually save things to my desktop as a temporary place with intention of deleting the files later. It's become quite a mess recently which made me think of this topic. Do you have this same habit or do you usually keep your desktop clear?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
If I have to download a temporary file (as in quickly look and delete within 5-10 mins), then I will add it to my desktop. Otherwise, it's always clear except for my recycle bin.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I obviously, I have a lot to learn from all of you! That's a great rule @Ash, only save to my desktop if I plan to delete it within 5-10minutes, otherwise save it to the appropriate folder for safekeeping.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,384
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
My husband is an IT guy and told me to keep as little on my desktop as possible because it speeds up start up when I boot my computer. Of course, I listened to him when I got my new computer years ago but now it's cluttered again. Even though I don't use everything on my desktop, I can't convince myself to remove things!

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Yep, I might save something to the desktop quickly for convenience but it won't find it's home there. Anything I download can typically fit in one of my 4 storage partitions (music, tv, video games, misc) and if I still feel like it doesn't fit there then it can just sit in my home folder.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
i download art pictures a lot and that goes to my desktop, whenever it's not clean.. it's because of the pics that i didn't classify yet :p

i'm not an illustrator, i use some pictures to get inspired to write stuff for my book.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Oh my goodness... We should be friends. We can feed each others' flaws hahahaha
Super speeds ways to open :p You aren't that bad as me :p
told me to keep as little on my desktop as possible because it speeds up start up when I boot
It can, however, it's still super-fast loading speeds for me with an M.2 drive and never had that problem
there isn't really all that much I do on the computer.
There it is....
Wacky Races Lol GIF by Boomerang Official

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I try to keep only essential reading files and the folders on the desktop. Now making it more minimalistic from now on with less content soon would be there now that I feel like clutter in there.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
I have the exact same habit.. There's tonnes of stuff on the desktop of both my PC and my laptop.

I keep meaning to go through it and tidy it up, but haven't found the motivation to do so yet.. ? Like everything else, I'm paranoid that if I move something I won't be able to find it, and that if I get rid of something I'm going to wish I hadn't further down the line!

I can't even call it an organised mess though, because it isn't..