Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you like level grinding?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Do you like grinding levels for hours on end?

My answer: I hate grind. I used to not mind it when I was younger but now I don't have the patience towards it. I find it stressful and not fun. It's another reason why I avoid JRPG games like Final Fantasy and others like it.

I don't have a month to sit there and grind for hours just to gain a level and spam attacks over and over just to beat a game. That's not fun to me. That's not a game to me. That's work. I already have a full time job. Why do I want to play a game that requires that kind of time?

I want everything I do in a game to be fun and meaningful to me. If it requires long hours and constant grinding....I'm out.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Nope, not at all. It was one of the key reasons why I quit playing the original Destiny. I reached the level cap and then had to grind through Mars and the Moon to find the shards to earn enough to build/construct the light armor to boost my level over 20.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Normal levels? I don't have a problem at all especially with games like GTA V etc. The one thing I do hate is the new battle pass systems that a lot of games have gone for. Becomes so annoying to grind them especially with a time limit set on us

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
I don't mind grinding too much.. It feels like I'm making progress in a game, and getting my money's worth from it by playing for extended periods of time. My only issue with it is the time I spend grinding on one game, could be better spent playing through 2 or 3 shorter games in some instances!

..that probably explains the state of my current backlog ?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Not really, if i enjoy the game i'll be more than satisfied with grinding but if it sucks.. man that'll make me stop playing instantly..

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I enjoyed it back in the day since I had a lot of time to do so. These days? Nope, not in the least. My time to game is little and I don't want to spend it grinding pointlessly.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I still enjoy it honestly. It helps to turn the volume down on your tv or emulator, and then put some music on and grind for hours! At least that's what I do when I need to grind if I'm stuck in a RPG. I'll get lost in my music and before I know it I'm at least 4 levels stronger than I was when I started.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
While playing some of the RPG and the adventure games. I used to like the level grinding and grinding for the war items. But the thing is that after some of the time the grinding gets in your head and you start to hate it. I personally don't like that sort of the grinding to be honest. Level grinding is boring when you are stressed.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
A lot of jrpgs don't actually require grinding if you have an understanding of the battle system. That's actually a huge appeal to me in games without a difficulty setting, trying to stay at a lower than intended level while still progressing.

Additionally, I think you're focusing on the wrong part when I grind I don't do it for the grind I do it for the end result. Can I get that cool new spell/ability/equipment that will let me dominant my enemies? I'll grind a bit.