Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you listen to music while working?

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Do you listen to music while working? If you are employed, working for somebody else, does your boss allow you to listen to tunes while carrying out your duties? I suppose if you are customer-facing it can come across as rude.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
We're only allowed to listen to music if we are on break or during our lunch hour.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Sometimes when I am tasked with something that requires me to work head down into it. Most of the time though I am speaking with colleagues, clients, or prospects so there's not a lot of quiet time to fill with music.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$727
Winbux
$0.00
Very rarely. When I worked out in the shop people would just turn on the radio and listen to what was on from different channels. It was either pop or country.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I've been working from home so there aren't really any regulations. As far as I'm aware, there aren't any rules in the office itself either so that's not an issue. I think it just makes the work a bit more interesting if you have music.

Nomad

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
My works involve writing, content development, editing, digital marketing, SEO, website building, which requires strong concentration, I find music to be a great distraction while working. I like to listen to rock music and I can't play with rock music playing in the background.

Mocha

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$6,262
Winbux
$0.00
Yeah I always listen to music when I can, it helps me concentrate and is sort of calming as well I feel like.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, I do listen to music while working online or whenever I'm working on my computer and it helps me stay focussed, entertained and working for long duration.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
I work from home. I seldom listen to music while working. I just listen to music when having a break.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
It helps us in feeling fresh and we can keep working even for hours so I feel its the one thing that can help you work for a long time