Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you overshare on social media?

Jay™

Former Community Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Website
chatbanter.com
Hubux
$2,401
Winbux
$1.00
It may come as surprising, but hackers can piece together a great deal of information about you from social media and use it as the means for all manner of attacks. That includes identity theft, social engineering attacks where they impersonate you or someone you know, and even password theft. Avoid oversharing on social media by keeping details like addresses, school names, and other personally identifying information to yourself. Also, set your profiles to private so that only friends and family can see them.

Some people forget that millions of people read what you post, do you overshare?

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,054
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Definitely not. I'm not on any of the traditional social media sites. I have accounts on Twitter and Facebook, but haven't posted in years. If we're counting forums as a form of social media then...yeah, I probably do, lol.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,054
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I never counted forums as I think it's far less like TicTok and Facebook.
Same here, I consider them social, but not social media, but some people do.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What is considered oversharing on social media? To accuse someone of oversharing implies there is a correct amount of personal information to share, and a respectable manner in which to go about doing it. But this is obviously subjective -- so who decides what’s too much and what metric are they using?

Jay™

Former Community Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Website
chatbanter.com
Hubux
$2,401
Winbux
$1.00
For me, I will be the judge if I overshare and take whatever consequences come with it.
I really don't care if others think I overshare, basically, it's my problem unless its content is adult. then it stays in private areas if I chose to post.

I like these questions as many of them get conversations happening. :)

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,469
Winbux
$0.00
Just don’t post stuff like your credit card account, home address, and your driver’s license. Don’t go too crazy with the outside of your house either. There’s easy ways to get that information without your social media account anyway…

Dori

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$942
Winbux
$0.00
My personal information is never getting in on any social media platforms for any reason whatsoever. If it's a must to provide that details, I will quit the site.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
I know way too many people who tend to overshare way too much on social media and I have never been a fan of that. I always have a saying that people "air their dirty laundry out in public" as the amount of their personal life they share is shocking. Right from where they are, what they have done, and where they are going the following day. They don't realize just how dangerous it is to do that and how much people can take that information and use it.

I myself keep very limited on what I share on social media. Prefer my personal life to stay private.

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
I tried my best to ignore some sites that ask for personal information. I usually search on the internet to see if they are legit or not. It is better to be vigilant.