Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do You Own A Tablet?

Do you Own A Tablet?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

JoyFreak

Gaming
Reaction score
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Hubux
$1,283
Winbux
$0.00
I remember getting a free tablet with a phone ages ago and it was honestly the worst thing I've ever used. God that thing was awful. Took about half an hour to recognise a touch on the screen.

Right now, I don't have a tablet and honestly don't see the point of getting one. My S20 has a large enough screen for me and if I need to do anything, I can do it on that.
What tablet was it? I wouldn't complain if it was for free especially if it came with a phone haha.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I honestly can't remember the brand because it was one of those shitty tablets. It was probably worth around £30 or something. I would have rather they gave me nothing to ensure there wasn't any environmental waste lol

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
What tablet was it? I wouldn't complain if it was for free especially if it came with a phone haha.

A lot of those "free" tablets, gaming consoles etc with phone contracts and the like are a con. You are actually paying for the tablet, phone and then some.

When I was looking for a new phone every contract that interested actually worked out more expensive in the long run than if I was to buy the items individually (including data plans).

Even the black friday deals were nonsense.

JoyFreak

Gaming
Reaction score
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Hubux
$1,283
Winbux
$0.00
A lot of those "free" tablets, gaming consoles etc with phone contracts and the like are a con. You are actually paying for the tablet, phone and then some.

When I was looking for a new phone every contract that interested actually worked out more expensive in the long run than if I was to buy the items individually (including data plans).

Even the black friday deals were nonsense.
Yeah, absolutely. There's always a catch. I would just buy it separately, personally.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I got a surface which I was really looking forward to.

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
Back in the day, I had an iPad and I loved it. I could just lie in bed and scroll through the web, or watch things on the go. It was a beautiful time. I even played games on it and had downloaded many apps. But I dropped it and damaged it. It was painful.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I do own a Kindle Fire myself but I only use it for reading purposes. It's easier to take my reading with me when I travel due to the Kindle. I can take many books with me on that Kindle and it takes up very little room in my carry on bag.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I used to have one for my chess studies but then i replaced it with a laptop since tablets don't have enough power to run programs like ChessBase smoothly so i'll be needing the laptop again to save my studies.

So no, the day tablets can keep it up with laptops (prices) i'll be having one.

Smokey

Twitch Streamer - Revillution.net Owner.
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,019
Winbux
$0.00
I have a few tablets. I got an old Nvidia Shield tablet laying around somewhere, and an old iPad Mini and a regular sized iPad from 2018 that still works like it's brand new. :)

Shortie

Knows their way around
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,217
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
I had a 10-inch tablet bought for me by my other half back in 2017 I believe it was that I still have now. It's somewhat slow and quite outdated now and does have a crack on the screen but for the most part, it still works really well and I still use it on occasion.

I would love to upgrade my tablet for mobile games as I sometimes find the phone screen to be too small for certain games I play.

Cory

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$78
Winbux
$0.00
I guess it's technically still mine because I paid for it, but it's like it has become my dad's because he uses it almost every day and I rarely if ever use it. I thought I would have a blast playing games on a larger screen and watching media, but I just kept using my iPhone instead of the iPad.