Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you root your phone?

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Do you root your phone? Which root is a term to hacking your device so you can put any type of phone software on it and have the ability to install or uninstall anything you want.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I tried it once a very long time ago (around 2012-2013) with a Samsung Galaxy Ace. What I ended up doing was ruining my phone as it ended up being stuck in a boot loop. Never tried rooting a phone after that. And honestly, there isn't a need for me to root one anymore.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I tried it once a very long time ago (around 2012-2013) with a Samsung Galaxy Ace. What I ended up doing was ruining my phone as it ended up being stuck in a boot loop. Never tried rooting a phone after that. And honestly, there isn't a need for me to root one anymore.
I totally messed up trying to root my Galaxy S2 years ago but doing the S7 was a pretty painless experience honestly, I guess the process has been refined over the years.
I would say, there really is little need to root anymore these days. All the cool features have long been integrated to stock Android, so you would only really want to root if you want to use a de-Google'd ROM or to try extend battery life.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I totally messed up trying to root my Galaxy S2 years ago but doing the S7 was a pretty painless experience honestly, I guess the process has been refined over the years.
I would say, there really is little need to root anymore these days. All the cool features have long been integrated to stock Android, so you would only really want to root if you want to use a de-Google'd ROM or to try extend battery life.
Absolutely. I think the main reason that I wanted to root my phone back then was to make it look a lot cooler. But now, I just use Nova Launcher and it lets me do almost everything. You can get an app for customising almost everything on your phone now which is great.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Nah, too risky when you consider the cost of modern phones.. I'd risk an older model, but I've seen an S7 Plus that my colleague asked me to take a look at - Samsung can detect when you've been messing with the firmware and basically prevent you from reverting it back to factory settings.